Thanks for the heads up. Where did you hear about this?

Just a note that I contacted 311, who referred me to the City's Right-of-Way department concerning this, and nobody has returned my call. My question was simply was overnight work approved by the City, and what obligation is there to notify nearby residents.

The TTC have posted bus diversions of 75 bus on the bus stops and say it is for crane removal.

November 24, 2012: The removal crane was setting up this morning to take down the rooftop construction crane

IMG_0674.jpg

This is one of the last views we'll have of construction crane before it comes down.

IMG_0648.jpg

But then, around 11:30 am, the the red removal crane started to be lowered...

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

It was pretty windy at the time. Perhaps they will try it again tomorrow (Sunday).

Not sure why they didn't use grey spandrel instead of blue as it reduces the horizontal effect of the balcony glazing. Seems like an obvious choice to me, but I guess they had other plans.

They had to stop removing the crane yesterday due to the wind but they are at it today and most of it - the long arm - is now down. I assume they dismantle the tower itself from inside the building.

Not sure why they didn't use grey spandrel instead of blue as it reduces the horizontal effect of the balcony glazing. Seems like an obvious choice to me, but I guess they had other plans.

Seriously? We need more grey in this city? Oy Vay!

You wouldn't see the grey because the balcony glass is in front of it.

Do you really think those vertical spandrel strips contribute lots of brilliant colour to our skyline? Yeesh.

Fantastic photo update, Razz. Thanks for sharing them, and the great view.

I find Market Wharf appears fairly bland from the direct east and west sides, except when sunlight causes shadows from the balconies. All other angles of the tower look great though.

These are the most recent pictures I have, from December 07/12.

0218.jpg

0219.jpg

I’ll try to post some fresh stuff next year.

Miscreant: Thanks for the great photo updates on this and other forums tonight.

Couldn't agree more. thanks for all the photos today Miscreant :D

Back