Some people call the University Avenue canyon bland and uninspiring architecture. To me it's reminiscent of 6th Avenue (Avenue of the Americas) in Manhattan.

MARS from monday:

7644824156_3a971d19c6_c.jpg

7644821338_9974649ff1_b.jpg

7644818274_610d532519_b.jpg

Nice shots UD
That glass is looking amazing. The bird lovers might have a problem with it, but I love it.

I don't really like those horizontal green strips, they look like the glass on Trump. The other glass is good though.

Torontovibe:

That might very well overpower the Legislature...and it is above and beyond the fact that you tend not have labs that high up in the sky.

AoD

Last edited:
It needs to be 10 floors taller, to make more of an impact. (20 just isn't enough for me)

I think 30 would be too much. with 20s we get a nice even height mirrored bookend effect boxing in the Queens Park view terminus. I'm usually all about height, but that extra 10 stories would really throw everything off IMO

Now the south end of University Ave. can use another tower like Shangri-La to act as a "portal" and reinforce the monumentality.

AoD

Just my opinion, but I prefer the cladding on the old tower more than where they are going on this new one - its looks too much like a condo.

The majority of the building will be in the reflective glass, not the "condo" glass, as you can see by the render - the condo glass is just going up faster.

Back