Phew. Glad it's not the whole complex that's been re-named.

Well. I will let you be the judge:

Massey Hall will always be called Massey Hall, but Allied’s significant investment to the Revitalization is the catalyst for the creation of Allied Music Centre. Featuring NEW state-of-the-art performance venues and dedicated spaces for Artist Development and Education & Outreach initiatives, all located in the 7-storey tower adjacent to the National Historic Site.

AoD

:rolleyes:

Okay so where's the cash from this "significant investment" for the pediment, bricked-up windows and brick cleaning?

:rolleyes:

Okay so where's the cash from this "significant investment" for the pediment, bricked-up windows and brick cleaning?

I am sure it went to the restoration/reconfiguration of the interior, the new additions...government funding didn't cover the whole project afterall.

AoD

Today.
55B0EC4D-3ED0-412B-A512-F47B5090D16D.jpeg
B7706D03-8BD2-4F0B-9806-8C0718B7F659.jpeg

I noted yesterday when out walking and see it in the photos above that the windows of the 'extension' on Victoria seem to have plastic sheets inside them. Could they finally be cleaning the brickwork?

Right now, the exterior looks like a cacophony of design elements. Hopefully, it'll end up looking harmonious in the end.

I don't think it will given the nature of the design and the materials used. Having said that, I think the addition is actually better looking than I've expected. I do wish the glazing for the passerelle was ultra, ultra low-iron white glass - the tint is way too distracting from the body of the hall itself.

AoD

I don't know why it only now occurred to me, but did they leave all of those support posts in place? I understand the desire to retain things as they were, as they always have been, but all of those obstructed views are really something that I could've lived without. I've enjoyed many shows at Massey Hall, and I'd grown to appreciate many of the venue's quirks, but those posts are one nuisance that I'd have been happy to see gone.

Back