The People's Choice Awards takes into consideration marketing, branding, and sales, not just the design of the building.
While Massey Tower was nicely designed by stellar Hariri Pontarini Architects on a very high-profile site and location, it's marketing lacks in clarity and refinement.
INDX has a rather mediocre building design, but it's marketing is very witty and clever which help made it the best selling condo of the year.
I actually like the design of 88 Scott as it is not another glass box and has an excellent variety of suite designs and sizes, though I can't say much about their marketing.

The People's Choice Awards takes into consideration marketing, branding, and sales, not just the design of the building.
While Massey Tower was nicely designed by stellar Hariri Pontarini Architects on a very high-profile site and location, it's marketing lacks in clarity and refinement.
INDX has a rather mediocre building design, but it's marketing is very witty and clever which help made it the best selling condo of the year.
I actually like the design of 88 Scott as it is not another glass box and has an excellent variety of suite designs and sizes, though I can't say much about their marketing.

The INDX marketing was the douchiest I've ever seen. I'm a young Bay Street professional, their target market, and had I been looking to purchase a condo, that campaign would have turned me right off. Who wants to live beside pompous, self-important, Gordon Gekko-wannabes?

The INDX marketing was the douchiest I've ever seen. I'm a young Bay Street professional, their target market, and had I been looking to purchase a condo, that campaign would have turned me right off. Who wants to live beside pompous, self-important, Gordon Gekko-wannabes?

I actually like how they banked on and played up the douchy, player lifestyle which they are targeting.
Apparently there is enough DB's in our city for this kind of development.
I think it's brilliant, but I wouldn't want to live there though.

Their marketing is nearly non-existent. In some ways that means only people who truly appreciates the design and layouts will approach. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but also explains their lackluster sales.

Their marketing is littered around the core. You can't miss the ads in the PATH, they are literally everywhere.

The ads are pretty cheesy.

Last edited:
The building hit at least a temporary road block with city planners, who say it represents “overdevelopment” for the area. But last week, Gary Switzer, CEO of MOD Developments, cleared a major zoning hurdle with Toronto city council and is now preparing for a statutory public meeting on the Massey Tower project in May.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/03/23/torontos_condo_towers_are_they_getting_too_tall.html

Anyone know what this next public meeting is about?

It is the legal term under the Planning Act for the meeting of Community Council in May when the draft by-laws permitting the project to proceed will be considered.

I am happy to announce that Massey Tower won the 4 top awards last night at the BILD!

Best Project of the Year!
Best Building Design!
Best Sales Office!
Best Model Suite!

Way to go MOD!!!

Wow. That's amazing!
It's a great news for all the people who have bought here. Mod's last development Five Condos, garnered four top awards at the 2011 BILD Awards, including Project of the Year and Highrise Design of the Year. They have done it again with Massey Tower Condos.

Back