It's a shame the Mirvish's couldn't unload it off the province and run it properly.

Just read in the Star that Virgin will be opening it's first hotel in Chicago. They picked an Art Deco bank building and will be converting it. Could it happen here?

rumor has it that this project is a go. still not public but the names i've heard being thrown around (both developer and architect) make sense. more to follow shortly i hope.

^Is this project the Sky Pad condos, 80s? That name was registered recently, and because it was an entry to that name our condo contest, I thought it was perhaps the next phase of Cityzen/Fernbrook's Pier 27.

rumor has it that this project is a go. still not public but the names i've heard being thrown around (both developer and architect) make sense. more to follow shortly i hope.

Sounds very intriguing TJ. Can you tell me the following quote from my previous post is not even close so I can put it out of my head;

"Just read in the Star that Virgin will be opening it's first hotel in Chicago. They picked an Art Deco bank building and will be converting it. Could it happen here?"

I walked by there earlier this week and noticed the reappearance of the amateurish and handwritten "For Lease" sign affixed to 205Yonge. I assumed that any plans for that building had died.

I walked by there earlier this week and noticed the reappearance of the amateurish and handwritten "For Lease" sign affixed to 205Yonge. I assumed that any plans for that building had died.

I wouldnt assume that. A one or two year lease would likely fill the time neede to acquire any necessary approvals while continuing to cover its costs.

Assume nothing of the sort. The development proposal will take a while to mature. In the meantime it's reasonable to try to lease out some space.

^Is this project the Sky Pad condos, 80s? That name was registered recently, and because it was an entry to that name our condo contest, I thought it was perhaps the next phase of Cityzen/Fernbrook's Pier 27.

ud, I'm not sure exactly what you are referencing with the caret (^), but if you mean "is either 199 or 205 Yonge going to become an 80s condo called SkyPad?", we are pretty sure the answer is 'no'. Things are brewing here, but word is not quite so outlandishly tall for sites each with a heritage bank.

Back