Great last shot. Eaton Centre parking garage I suppose?

Yes. Same location from which I took these shots 2.5 years ago:

197YongeRestorationMar282012024.jpg

197YongeRestorationMar282012026.jpg

Attachments

• 197YongeRestorationMar282012024.jpg
    197YongeRestorationMar282012024.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 3,508
  • 197YongeRestorationMar282012026.jpg
    197YongeRestorationMar282012026.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 3,487
My father just received a letter from the solicitor that the tentative occupancy date has been extended to November 18th 2018??? Does this mean they are running into serious construction issues because this date is almost 2 years later than the previous date in 2016? Is this normal? That is a lot of extra time to hold onto all those down payment. Given construction has just begun, I would expect even more delays in the future.

Last edited:
4 years, that seems a little much, wouldn't you say just 2 -> 3 years for this ?

4 years is realistic given the height of this building and the tight site to build on.
The project was launched in 2012 but with the building approvals far from approved, so there were bound to have some delays.
On top of the now 2018 tentative completion date, it would be safe to say to add another 6-12 months for the usual construction and other unforeseeable delays, depending if you bought on a low floor or a high floor.

Footings are going in. The big dig is only a few weeks away.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 1,866
I imagine that excavation won't take long due to the lack of underground parking and the small site, but this thing probably has a boatload of logistical issues. Anyone have an estimate on the dig?

I imagine that excavation won't take long due to the lack of underground parking and the small site, but this thing probably has a boatload of logistical issues. Anyone have an estimate on the dig?

There are three levels of underground proposed, which consist of garbage rooms (including permanent garbage storage for the Elgin and Heintzman buildings), mechanical rooms and a lot of bicycle parking.

If occupancy is 2018 I am guessing they plan to work on the underground and main level components for another 2 years and start the actual tower construction by fall 2016 meaning it should top out by late 2017, making occupancy into 2018. I guess it will just be a very complicated tower to build.

If occupancy is 2018 I am guessing they plan to work on the underground and main level components for another 2 years and start the actual tower construction by fall 2016 meaning it should top out by late 2017, making occupancy into 2018. I guess it will just be a very complicated tower to build.

Given the tightness of the site and the extra care needed to preserve the bank buildings, I would imagine so. Hopefully it's worth the wait! Like with most Toronto projects, I'm cautiously optimistic :p

Back