Yeah Hamilton is seriously lacking in the commercial/office tower developments. I wish some companies would locate their head offices or secondary satellite offices here. We need this to compliment all the residential towers in our downtown to fully breath life back into our core. KW has a lot going for them I can't really throw any shade their way.

Don't expect this to happen - since the pandemic there has been empty office space everywhere- people can't PAY people to take it up - we are rapidly entering more and more of a society that lives in their homes - they live on their phones, they order everything to their homes, many times they work from home. Why travel to have a meeting when you can have a zoom call? Why travel to an office 2 hours away when you can work from home? This is going to change the structures of a lot of downtowns where people thought you HAD to go to an office or you wouldn't get any work done, where people thought they couldn't possibly balance working from home. We are starting to become like the romans, and a lot of the people immigrating here are becoming the "servant" class - delivering groceries and meals to peoples doors, driving people around through ubers and cars..

So I guess the question is, in the culture we are now in, what SHOULD be filling these buildings? Or should we just become another suburb where literally all the new buildings we build house just people and kitschy places that hire people at prices nowhere near high enough to allow them to live in the very condos situated above the place they work..

There is something broken about the economic structure of our cities with that in mind.

Installation of sidewalk boulevard planters. Doesn't seem like enough room for a tree to thrive though...
1000002745.jpg

Honey Locusts are very hearty trees and quite nice - if they plant something like that here, they will likely do quite well even without soil cells. That type of planting condition would kill more vulnerable tree types though, for sure, especially if they are susceptible for road salt to leech in. Luckily they look like raised planters so the road salt shouldn't be an issue.

Honey Locusts are very hearty trees and quite nice - if they plant something like that here, they will likely do quite well even without soil cells. That type of planting condition would kill more vulnerable tree types though, for sure, especially if they are susceptible for road salt to leech in. Luckily they look like raised planters so the road salt shouldn't be an issue.
Do you know what the trees were that were here before? Were those Honey Locusts? (I am very far from a botanist).

I count 83 for Niagara region total. Pretty, pretty good!
I count 92 if you include Lincoln and Grimsby though I would count Grimsby being part of Hamilton even though it's technically part of Niagara. Grimsby and Winona/Stoney Creek are growing into one another and more tied together plus they have a Hamilton Health Sciences hospital (Not a NHS one) hehe

Edit: I just realized how off topic this thread has become. We should have a general Hamilton discussion thread on this forum like we do on SSP.

I count 92 if you include Lincoln and Grimsby though I would count Grimsby being part of Hamilton even though it's technically part of Niagara. Grimsby and Winona/Stoney Creek are growing into one another and more tied together plus they have a Hamilton Health Sciences hospital (Not a NHS one) hehe

Edit: I just realized how off topic this thread has become. We should have a general Hamilton discussion thread on this forum like we do on SSP.
Would you like me to make one here too?

I guess I subconsciously didn't include Grimsby haha

Back