News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Tom Brown and Anwar Knight from CTV Toronto were let go today.

I find it odd that they're cutting to their golden goose.

I know the ad market isn't what it once was; CTV's Local Evening news is consistently a Top 30 performer for TV ratings in Canada.

I find it odd that they're cutting to their golden goose.

I know the ad market isn't what it once was; CTV's Local Evening news is consistently a Top 30 performer for TV ratings in Canada.
At least they aren't resorting to tin-foil-hatted loudmouthed born-again pillow sellers who were former drug addicts.

Tom Brown and Anwar Knight from CTV Toronto were let go today.

Jim Richards was also let go from 1010.

Surprised the two weathermen were canned. They were there for a long time. I always found Tom Brown pretty cheesy and annoying though. In that context I guess it makes sense that viewers would rather watch the pretty blonde lady do the weather.

Jim Richards was one of the more reasonable hosts on 1010. Can't believe they kept Jerry Agar - his ass should be cooked! Such an irritating bellend.

Toronto-born Academy award winning actor, Christopher Plummer, passes away at age 91:

Toronto-born Academy award winning actor, Christopher Plummer, passes away at age 91:

One of the greatest actors of all time. One of my favourite Christopher Plummer films is "Beginners" from 2010 where he plays a man in his 70s, who decides to come out as gay late in life and finds love with a much younger man. He won an Oscar for that performance.

Christopher and his wife Elaine Taylor and a couple dinner guests, sat at the table next to me at Opus Restaurant on Prince Arthur a few years back. He was impeccably dressed and looked so healthy and strong for a man well into his 80s. He had a Martini in his hand and told stories to his table guests. Honesty, i would have paid good money just to sit there all night and listening to him talk. He could tell a story about buying a loaf of bread at the store, and still get nominated for an Oscar.

One of the greatest actors of all time. One of my favourite Christopher Plummer films is "Beginners" from 2010 where he plays a man in his 70s, who decides to come out as gay late in life and finds love with a much younger man. He won an Oscar for that performance.

Christopher and his wife Elaine Taylor and a couple dinner guests, sat at the table next to me at Opus Restaurant on Prince Arthur a few years back. He was impeccably dressed and looked so healthy and strong for a man well into his 80s. He had a Martini in his hand and told stories to his table guests. Honesty, i would have paid good money just to sit there all night and listening to him talk. He could tell a story about buying a loaf of bread at the store, and still get nominated for an Oscar.

So much talent. I really regret not going to see him perform King Lear at the Stratford festival what, 15 years ago or so? Ditto when he did that one-man show Barrymore here in Toronto. He got raves for both of those productions. Sigh.

Also, he was the only Canadian actor I could ever have imagined playing James Bond. He was handsome, and exuded elegance, style, and just the right amount of authoritative presence that the role demands (at least in the 60's).

Not KJ!!!

hahaha, one of my mates hates that dude, I'm sure he'll be over the bloody moon.

Poor KJ...I never had anything against him.

What's the reason for all this cost-cutting?

BCE are not hurting financially at all.

Saw a possible theory online today that the plan is to kill off AM radio...
Yeah, but that doesn't explain the rest of the cull.

This is what happens when a person/corporation has too much money: they just want more.

It's not Toronto today, but could be soon as the cuts at Bell continue. This time entire radio stations:

TSN1040 Vancouver
TNN1150 Hamilton
TSN1290 Winnipeg

All three shut down without warning today.

The Hamilton Station isn't going dark; but they are going to be an outlet for business news.

I don't know if they will produce any original content though.

Back