Some pictures during my walk by yesterday!
20210425_114159.jpg
20210425_114212.jpg
20210425_114144.jpg
20210425_114046.jpg

Question for you guys - do they generally have concrete walls (between the condos) and concrete floors? Thankfully we only have one direct neighbour and only part of the condo shares a wall but years ago, in our condo in Vancouver, our neighbour was kind enough to tell us she could hear our alarms in the morning. Yikes.

Question for you guys - do they generally have concrete walls (between the condos) and concrete floors? Thankfully we only have one direct neighbour and only part of the condo shares a wall but years ago, in our condo in Vancouver, our neighbour was kind enough to tell us she could hear our alarms in the morning. Yikes.
…that depends. Often, yes, there will be structural concrete walls between you and your neighbours… just not always; some suite layouts will go around the structural walls, and will need demising walls put up to separate them from the next suite. How well sound-insulated the demising walls are would vary from developer to developer, but I would assume that Toronto has a minimum standard. Might you know @thaivic or @whatever? Maybe others?

I have three questions for this forum: 1) Right now occupancy is slated for June 2022. Given where the build is right now - how does that look for a target date? 2) When they provide an occupancy date, I am thinking they mean the first units - presumably the first floor. 3) If I am correct in #2, how quickly does it move from floor to floor for occupancy, for example if the first floor moves in the first week of June, do they then do the second floor the second week or a month later or ?

Thanks in advance.

I have three questions for this forum: 1) Right now occupancy is slated for June 2022. Given where the build is right now - how does that look for a target date? 2) When they provide an occupancy date, I am thinking they mean the first units - presumably the first floor. 3) If I am correct in #2, how quickly does it move from floor to floor for occupancy, for example if the first floor moves in the first week of June, do they then do the second floor the second week or a month later or ?

Thanks in advance.

TBH, based on the construction progress so far, an occupancy for June 2022 looks rather tough to fulfill. November/December 2022 may be more realistic, or early 2023 if looking on the pessimistic side. Usually when a target date is given, the going rate is that actual occupancy could be 6-12 months after it depending on scale of the project. Occupancy also usually happens from the bottom floors first and then gradually moving upwards. The rest depends on how the developer handles the completion process.

Back