The parking spaces/resdiential dwelling units ratio of 960/970 seems very high.

Most of those units are going to be bachelors and 1 jr bedroom so I guess all those parking spaces are going to be public parking or maybe some type of agreement with Allied for commercial parking as they did at Victory, Fashionhouse and 650 King I think

This could be the site of the future Whole Foods Market. Freed has hinted that a "high end" grocery is coming to the neighbourhood.

This could be the site of the future Whole Foods Market. Freed has hinted that a "high end" grocery is coming to the neighbourhood.

This area/neighborhood is aching for a grocery store. At the sq ft pricing condos are going for in the area, a "Whole Foods Market" or similar grocery store should do well.

Right-on, lets hope a developer can do do the same to the west opposite side of Bathurst with new development and a west-bound roadway.

This area/neighborhood is aching for a grocery store. At the sq ft pricing condos are going for in the area, a "Whole Foods Market" or similar grocery store should do well.
Whole Foods would be great, but there will already be two Loblaws stores within walking distance long before anything is built here.

Sobeys will also be reachable once the Portland Street bridge to Cityplace is built.

Whole Foods would be great, but there will already be two Loblaws stores within walking distance long before anything is built here.

Sobeys will also be reachable once the Portland Street bridge to Cityplace is built.

I can confirm that Whole Foods has provided an intent letter for Minto on this project. They will utilize most of the Bathurst/Front frontage. LCBO is also slated to be joining in as well as a cafe space, which at this time might or might not be Whole Foods related. Its still early folks.

Hoarding being put up this morning as I speak.

Pics taken July 4, 2011

3qsq7.jpg

V4P5v.jpg

29Rm1.jpg

not until the buildings come down will we fully appreciate just how large the site really is! :) I feel like it's almost as big as the ICE site, does anyone know how they compare?

I feel a little sentimental about this building. I bought my first Ducati here and loved going in to look at the Lamborghinis (former Lamborghini Toronto) Oh well. Onwards and upwards!

29Rm1.jpg

I can confirm that Whole Foods has provided an intent letter for Minto on this project. They will utilize most of the Bathurst/Front frontage. LCBO is also slated to be joining in as well as a cafe space, which at this time might or might not be Whole Foods related. Its still early folks.

Very interesting. Bring on the grocery wars!

I found additional mention of Whole Foods here: http://www.yourhome.ca/homes/reales...orth-of-lakeshore-decides-to-call-itself-nola

Hoarding going up Niagara Street.

Looks like they will be working around the Sherwin Williams building.

Pics taken July 5, 2011

82Z02.jpg

SJV3P.jpg

Back