For anyone interested, the next community meeting will take place at 10 AM on Feb. 14th at Committee Room 1, 2nd floor, City Hall, 100 Queen St. W.

Big window sign up on the west facade saying condos are coming in 2012. Looks like the name will simply be '94 Cumberland'. I guess this will be their sales office. It used to be the sales office for The St. Thomas.

Interesting design. I think it could work, although I wish it had a bit more of Gehry's Fred & Ginger building in it.

The 3rd floor restaurant will have a nice view of the park. I could see that being popular.

Also to note from s37: "The first $300,000 payment will be used towards a Heritage Conservation District
Study for the Yonge-Yorkville area, as identified in the list of potential Heritage
Conservation Districts, authorized for Section 37 funding. The boundaries of the
study will be determined by the Manager of Heritage Preservation Services."

Looks pretty interesting and I think it will actually open up the intersection a bit. The 1.5m setback on Bellair is welcome since it's very tight along there right now. Cumberland between Bellair & Bay is probably the ugliest strip in all of Yorkville and I think this will improve things.

^Yeah, it can't be worse than the building that's there now.

The other saving grace about Yorkville is that decent retail is a shoe-in. You won't get dry cleaners at the base, which will at least animate things at street level.

Looks like it'll add a little panache to Bellair... the roofline looks a little truncated though but maybe that's just seeing it in isolation and without the surrounding context.

For anyone interested, the next community meeting will take place at 10 AM on Feb. 14th at Committee Room 1, 2nd floor, City Hall, 100 Queen St. W.

the Feb. 14th date is not a "community meeting" - it's the formal public statutory community council whereby the project gets rubber-stamped.

Is the proposed building glass or stone??? Cause I definitely think that a nice stone clad building with European architecture should go up there. Along the lines of st Thomas with a classy cafés and retail facade.

Is the proposed building glass or stone??? Cause I definitely think that a nice stone clad building with European architecture should go up there. Along the lines of st Thomas with a classy cafés and retail facade.

nice

A glass building will take away the charm from the neighborhood!!! It would suck big time!

Back