April 7th
PXL_20210407_235551607.jpg

Game changer for the Annex. Wonder if more high rises will be approved in the immediate area.

I think that's unlikely, for the most part.

There's a lot of disparate ownership, and small lots.

There are some good opportunities I expect to see come forward, but only a smattering are likely to be hirise.

Watch for the Metro site near Bloor/Spadina to redeveloped.

Though, a combination of these 2 properties on north-west corner of the Bloor-Bathurst intersection would be fairly tempting.

1618854328673.png

When that mid-rise condo across from Mirvish Village was under construction, I thought: people living in west-facing upper floor units will have clear views straight to Humber Bay and beyond. Honest Ed's was still open and there was no news about its redevelopment. I bet a lot of buyers thought so too. Just goes to show in downtown TO, an unobstructed view is never a sure bet.

I think that's unlikely, for the most part.

There's a lot of disparate ownership, and small lots.

There are some good opportunities I expect to see come forward, but only a smattering are likely to be hirise.

Watch for the Metro site near Bloor/Spadina to redeveloped.

Though, a combination of these 2 properties on north-west corner of the Bloor-Bathurst intersection would be fairly tempting.

View attachment 313652
I worked on assembling the corner building west to Markham 5 or so years ago. The medical office building on the right in your image never wanted to be part of it for some reason.

When that mid-rise condo across from Mirvish Village was under construction, I thought: people living in west-facing upper floor units will have clear views straight to Humber Bay and beyond. Honest Ed's was still open and there was no news about its redevelopment. I bet a lot of buyers thought so too. Just goes to show in downtown TO, an unobstructed view is never a sure bet.
Whether or not Honest Eds had made it public they were selling, the property was always CR so redevelopment was something of an inevitability. By contrast, the east facing suites at B-Streets have a view in perpetuity due to the R-zone over which they look.

I worked on assembling the corner building west to Markham 5 or so years ago. The medical office building on the right in your image never wanted to be part of it for some reason.

Whether or not Honest Eds had made it public they were selling, the property was always CR so redevelopment was something of an inevitability. By contrast, the east facing suites at B-Streets have a view in perpetuity due to the R-zone over which they look.
Yes, it's unlikely they'll build anything tall between Bathurst and Spadina, but there's a few tallish apartment blocks on Spadina that are close enough to partially block the eastern views. Before Mirvish Village I think the closest buildings on/near Bloor west of Bathurst taller than B Streets were around Dufferin.

Back