Do all the stations have ticket vending machines and is it all-door boarding?

No. MiWay does not have ANY ticket vending machines or all-door boarding. The announcement is referring to GO ticket vending machines. MiWay still takes regular cash fares (and Presto) when you board, at the front doors only. GO TVMs are therefore only needed at GO stops, which are a small number of the transitway stations; also, GO bus drivers can accept cash onboard, so not 100% of GO stops have machines, just the machines are preferred where possible as taking cash payments and giving change slows down the bus considerably.

None of the agencies use POP(proof of payment), but since GO Transit buses only have 1 door, it is technically 'all door boarding'.
Technically, there is also the accessibility elevator door on the single-level buses.

Kind of stupid they spend all that money and not have POP. One of the things that slows down buses is having to line up to pay the driver.
At least from my experience, the bus driver (front door) can easily handle all the boarding. I have not seen any extra long ling ups that delay the bus at any of the stations.
ticket machines
Almost all riders have a presto card or bus ticket ready. Mississauga Transitway stations gets very few if any unaccompanied visitors. Even then they could just pay with cash.

Kind of stupid they spend all that money and not have ticket machines and POP. One of the things that slows down buses is having to line up to pay the driver.
They are supposed to be coming, but when is the real question.

Dixie had a sign up at the official opening of the system some years ago where they were to be, but since GO wasn't using the system then, it was decided to wait tell they did.

Its almost like what took place Yesterday for the subway opening, trying to get riders to buy the card, yet the system crash doing so. Great talk about using the card, but not getting it ready for the rider to buy is something else.

Only about 60% of MT riders have the card.

At least from my experience, the bus driver (front door) can easily handle all the boarding. I have not seen any extra long ling ups that delay the bus at any of the stations.

Square One is BAD for this. Both MiWay and Zum buses get delayed, IMO, quite significantly by waiting for everyone to filter through the front door. Just having presto readers at all doors would work wonders--direct presto users to the rear doors and cash riders to the front.

But maybe not worth the cost of moving to fare inspectors.

Square One is BAD for this. Both MiWay and Zum buses get delayed, IMO, quite significantly by waiting for everyone to filter through the front door. Just having presto readers at all doors would work wonders--direct presto users to the rear doors and cash riders to the front.

But maybe not worth the cost of moving to fare inspectors.

If the cost to move to fare inspectors is so substantial, why not move to PRESTO Fare Gates at the Mississauga Transitway stops and terminals? The TTC should really do this at most Streetcar Loops as well (Neville, Humber, Every Queensway Stop, Long Branch, and especially Exhibition (including Dufferin Gate)). If I'm not mistaken, the TTC used to have turnstiles at Exhibition and I believe there is still the available infrastructure. They could also do this for Crosstown stops and VIVA stops.

If the cost to move to fare inspectors is so substantial, why not move to PRESTO Fare Gates at the Mississauga Transitway stops and terminals?
Other than possibly SQ 1 and Renforth, there is absolutely no need for such a piece of infrastructure.
edit: fare gates and fencing is not feasible at SQ1.

Square One is BAD for this. Both MiWay and Zum buses get delayed, IMO, quite significantly by waiting for everyone to filter through the front door.
I personally have never seen Miway buses get delayed for an unreasonable amount of time at SQ1. Not too sure about Zum

Now that everything is complete, when are they going to get serious and address the centre gap between Hurontario and Mavis. How can you leave the most central part of the city without there own dedication lanes. No mavis station. Creditview seems like a no brainer especially if it had a walkway to the Go Station there. The craziest part is... there seems like there is little interest from the city to address this gap....

This should be the number 2 priority behind Hurontario LRT. Focus on completing existing rapid transit then look at Dundas BRT. Your 80% there, why not finish it. Then you can say you have an actual rapid transit backbone going east and west and north to south with LRT.

Just my 2 cents

Now that everything is complete, when are they going to get serious and address the centre gap between Hurontario and Mavis. How can you leave the most central part of the city without there own dedication lanes. No mavis station. Creditview seems like a no brainer especially if it had a walkway to the Go Station there. The craziest part is... there seems like there is little interest from the city to address this gap....

This should be the number 2 priority behind Hurontario LRT. Focus on completing existing rapid transit then look at Dundas BRT. Your 80% there, why not finish it. Then you can say you have an actual rapid transit backbone going east and west and north to south with LRT.

Just my 2 cents

So, picking up where planning left off in 1992 eh? I 100% agree.

DOw8Mo3W0AABfQe.jpg

Reactions: jys

Back