i still dont understand how this transit way will benefit me? will it take me to the airport? what fair will i pay? will it take me to downtown toronto? wait a sec what about those of us who work in uptown toronto? everyone is so concerned about taking us downtown, we forget we need a highway or transit way to uptown toronto too, what about north? can i hitch a ride to bramalea with this?

i still dont understand how this transit way will benefit me? will it take me to the airport? what fair will i pay? will it take me to downtown toronto? wait a sec what about those of us who work in uptown toronto? everyone is so concerned about taking us downtown, we forget we need a highway or transit way to uptown toronto too, what about north? can i hitch a ride to bramalea with this?

Yes for all of them!
It will take you to the airport, by MiWay route 107.
It will take you to downtown Toronto by GO bus route 21.
It will take you to Uptown Toronto by GO bus route 19.
Those routes will be rerouted to run along the transitway (along with GO routes 25, 29, 45, 46, 47, and MiWay Routes 110, 107, the transitway spine route, and possibly more express routes too).

Same fares will apply to both local and express routes. Just like the TTC bus passengers connecting to the subway or the streetcar.

Square One to Bramalea will involve using only Zum buses, which won't serve the transitway.

Last edited:
where do u get those rout nubers from? i went to the transit way site and didnt see them anywh?ere. how do u know them when the transit way has not even been built? also does this mean i have to take one buss then transfer to another? that does not answer my question about the fairs? will i have to pay 3 bucks for miway then pay another 6 bucks for go train

where do u get those rout nubers from? i went to the transit way site and didnt see them anywh?ere. how do u know them when the transit way has not even been built?
Plans for which routes will use the busway have been mentioned in a few planning documents. The plans have changed over time, for example, Mississauga briefly toyed with the possibility of shortening route 35 to Renforth but chose to keep it going to the subway. You can read more here:
http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/improve/7953_Renforth_Gateway_PIC_June 2.pdf
http://www.toronto.ca/involved/proj...ppendixn-travel-demand-forecasting-report.pdf
also does this mean i have to take one buss then transfer to another?
There will be a few direct connections, but yes, for many trips you will have to transfer. More exactly, you'll always have to transfer if your trip enters or leaves the busway at stations other than Winston Churchill (rush hour only), Erin Mills, Square One, Dixie (rush hour only), or Renforth.
that does not answer my question about the fairs? will i have to pay 3 bucks for miway then pay another 6 bucks for go train
Currently it's set up so that if you transfer to or from the GO train you only pay 70 cents extra for MiWay and most other suburban systems. This works for GO bus transfers too if you're using a Presto card.

what about from MiWay TO go transit? do i pay an extra 1.50?

Its is only 70 cents each way using your Presto card or cash fare.

If the Mississauga BRT does shorten the bus ride from Square One to Kipling to approx. 20 minutes and change that would be a big improvement.

But I'll believe it when I see it.

From the latest Budget Committee agenda.
Transit Kipling Subway Inter-Regional Terminal (PN07-243) is returning funding in the amount of $5.5 million to the Mississauga Rapid Transit Reserve Fund and the Capital Reserve Fund. The project has been delayed due to the position taken by Hydro One in disallowing any building construction within the Hydro corridor. Alternate solutions/locations are being investigated by Metrolinx. As a result, the project is being closed and will be re-budgeted in 2015.

That doesn't sound good...

And now everybody understands why those unused hydro corridors aren't really an option. Hydro One isn't particularly co-operative and they actually have good reasons (hydro corridors are fairly congested and Toronto is looking at either a wholly new corridor or major upgrades to existing ones).

And now everybody understands why those unused hydro corridors aren't really an option. Hydro One isn't particularly co-operative and they actually have good reasons (hydro corridors are fairly congested and Toronto is looking at either a wholly new corridor or major upgrades to existing ones).

One reason not to use hydro corridors, ice storms:

[video=youtube;F4Nt7elma0Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Nt7elma0Q[/video]

One reason not to use hydro corridors, ice storms

That's true too.

Hydro One is likely a little more concerned about the lack of capacity. Only a few years ago (~2006) they were discussing how to go about blazing a new hydro corridor into Toronto because of lack of space in existing corridors. On hot days the transmission capacity was approaching 100% capacity when everything was functioning correctly.

I would imagine Hydro One is expecting to be back in that state within a decade and a BRT in their corridors would make upgrades (1000kv instead of 725kv transmission) or undergrounding additional capacity much more difficult.

Last edited:
It time to extend the BD to Colverdale and create a True Hub and Mobile station there than Kipling. Everyone including TTC would benefit from this new station.

Since the NIMBY force the province to kill Mississauga Power Plant, it force more capacity on the current system as well opening the door to black out if lines go down.

By having a plant or 2 more in the west would allow for more service to the area and take the strain off the lines going into Toronto as well the west end.

More corridors and higher capacity is going to be needed to service the coming wave of new residents and industry, let alone the electrification of the GO System.

One reason Ontario has extra power these days, it lost major industries that used huge amount of power to run them.

It would cost big bucks to put the current overhead underground with provision for more lines and higher capacity under the rail corridor to the north side of Bloor St.

I'm fine with extending the Bloor line to Cloverdale, but it seems like a quick and dirty extension rather than a thought out and reasoned one. That said, the western terminus hasn't moved at all since I was born so I think it's time to start inching westward again...ever, ever slowly.

Back