Wait, drum, YRT is expected to use Kipling as well?! How?!

There is 2 routes that I know of that being 427 or 27.

That a long haul from hwy 7. I don't see YRT doing this, as the seat cost is too high. They will have their subway running by then.

There is 2 routes that I know of that being 427 or 27.

That a long haul from hwy 7. I don't see YRT doing this, as the seat cost is too high. They will have their subway running by then.

I can potentially see YRT running a limited service to Renforth Gateway (mainly for the connection to Pearson), but yeah Kipling is a bit of a stretch. That would be like DRT running to Kennedy or Don Mills.

I can potentially see YRT running a limited service to Renforth Gateway (mainly for the connection to Pearson), but yeah Kipling is a bit of a stretch. That would be like DRT running to Kennedy or Don Mills.

Or Brampton Transit running to York U or Mississauga City Centre.

Not exclusively/originally my idea, but I have been one of the people on here pushing for REX to be one of the top transit priorities, since on a passengers per dollar per km basis, it probably has the highest return of any project in the Big Move (with really only the DRL giving it a run for it's money).

Thanks for the details!

Or Brampton Transit running to York U or Mississauga City Centre.
York Region to Kipling Station: 14km
Durham Region to Kennedy Station: 13km

Brampton to York University: 11km
Brampton to City Centre: 11km

I think if you measure the actual route, MiWay's 11 Westwood actually travels more than 14km outside the Mississauga border in each direction. So yeah, either way, there is precedence for YRT service to Kipling.

Just out of interest.....where are your start and end points? Google maps says it is 17k from queen and 50 in Brampton to York University?

From the municipal border, shortest distance.

Numbers given without further comment. I was simply injecting actual data into the discussion.

I didn't think the city was very far along with their plans for the transit terminal... I don't know if it's been there for a while, but I just noticed an Ellis Don container next to the terminal. I wonder if that means they're getting ready to start construction soon?

WP_000825.jpg

Attachments

• WP_000825.jpg
    WP_000825.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 503
I didn't think the city was very far along with their plans for the transit terminal... I don't know if it's been there for a while, but I just noticed an Ellis Don container next to the terminal. I wonder if that means they're getting ready to start construction soon?

Not sure if this has to do with GO Ticket office or the expansion of Sq One between Sears and Target. The current entrance there is to close Sunday night and you will have to use Target to get to/from the Mall.

Don't know of any work on Rathburn for the BRT, then I haven't keep a close eye on it.

The title of the thread (Mississauga Transitway) is the official name of the BRT ROW as of today. Council approved the naming of the ROW at general committee.

The first phase of the construction of the BRT line was awarded at a cost of $94m. Today council approved the extra $9m, due many issues not known at the time of tender or requested made by Hydro ONE or TRCA after the tender was awarded.

A number of councilors thought these extra should have been fore seen by the contractor and should had allow for the. They are out to lunch on this 100% as no contractor who bid on this project would have a clue that these changes were going to happen. One cost was for a deeper foundations for one of the station, as the pipeline was a lot lower than the drawings supply by the owner of the line at the time of tendering.

Even the city was not aware of this issue when they call for tender and if they did, they would had design the bid drawing calling for it. It would only cost a fraction of the change order.

$4m of the extra is to be pickup by Metrolinx as it was part of their work responsibility in the first place.

I said to the city project manager he needed to take council for a field trip to show what is taking place and show them why changes happen. I have yet to do a project where I haven't seen a change order not come across my desk. Its a fact of life.

Kipling is still a dead issue at this time. No idea when it will change, considering Hydro One approved the plan back in 2002 in the first place and then change their mine in 2010.

I say forget Kipling and focus on getting the subway extended to Cloverdale/Honeydale.

Back