I actually disagree with the fact that the 100 will begin at Winston Churchill Transitway station. It would make much more sense if it began in area where people could actually access the route, preferably Erin Mills Town Centre Area, which is a growth node that has been stripped of its express bus service.

Bingo. Route frequencies are not good enough to make a forced transfer at Erin Mills Transitway Station unpleasant. It's in a pedestrian unfriendly area, and just a bit too far to walk to anything useful, like Credit Valley Hospital or Erin Mills TC.

Wake me up when there's high density along the Transitway that would help support it.

miway-right-of-way.jpg

BLOG-Complteted-line-painting-in-the-Erin-Mills-Station-parking-lot.jpg

From link.

Wake me up when there's high density along the Transitway that would help support it.

miway-right-of-way.jpg

From link.
Although I understand your point, I believe this has been talked about many times in this thread. The primary purpose of the Mississauga Transitway is to speed up routes 107 and 109(which it has done a very good job at), and not to attract passengers at stations along the way. The Transitway is built along its current alignment due to the availability of land.

I went to Sq One tonight on 109 at peak time from Islington and only 9 of us on the bus. We pickup 8 along the way while dropping one at Cawthra that had 2 cars in the lot and 2 at Central Parkway. 50% of the riders got off at Sq One and none got on. Once Renforth opens, you may save 1 to 2 minutes.

Traffic was wide open and driver foot to the pedal, that we pass TTC 191. Total travel time was 33 minutes that 5 minutes less than MT Route 3, about 7 minutes for 76 & 20.

100 was supposed to start at South Common Mall, but being move to the Transitway on a 15 minute headway to the airport. Taken 15 years trying to get 15 minutes to the airport when it's in the city backyard in the first place.

I noticed the on ramp going east have lights up and on that power by solar panels.

Lights were on at Renforth Station with some lights poles working. The rest of the missing curbs have been form and waiting concrete based on what I could see from the bus in the dark.

What is the current and projected ridership on 107 and 109? Where do these riders mostly want to go?

Intuitively, opening up this link to Renforth can only do good things for connections to the Airport, and some of the employment lands around it. I wonder if a better link to Mount Dennis will prove useful (with or without the LRT).

- Paul

miway-right-of-way.jpg

From link.

The nice thing about transitways is that they use buses so the buses can leave the transitway, go to places where there is density, and then return to the transitway once they have picked up those passengers for an express ride.

The stations were a bit unnecessary imo at a bunch of areas, but who knows, maybe people will be willing to drive to them like GO train stations to pick up a GO Bus.

I went to Sq One tonight on 109 at peak time from Islington and only 9 of us on the bus. We pickup 8 along the way while dropping one at Cawthra that had 2 cars in the lot and 2 at Central Parkway. 50% of the riders got off at Sq One and none got on. Once Renforth opens, you may save 1 to 2 minutes.

Traffic was wide open and driver foot to the pedal, that we pass TTC 191. Total travel time was 33 minutes that 5 minutes less than MT Route 3, about 7 minutes for 76 & 20.

100 was supposed to start at South Common Mall, but being move to the Transitway on a 15 minute headway to the airport. Taken 15 years trying to get 15 minutes to the airport when it's in the city backyard in the first place.

I noticed the on ramp going east have lights up and on that power by solar panels.

Lights were on at Renforth Station with some lights poles working. The rest of the missing curbs have been form and waiting concrete based on what I could see from the bus in the dark.

I use the 109 everyday between Islington and Sq1. The 658 bus is 3/4 full daily.The 3:37 bus I use is usually 3/4 full. I've been using the 109 for 5 years and I've seen a steady increase in riders.
You save at least 5 minutes when Renforth Gateway opens, a lot of time is lost travelling along Commerce Blvd/Matheson Blvd.

I use the 109 everyday between Islington and Sq1. The 658 bus is 3/4 full daily.The 3:37 bus I use is usually 3/4 full. I've been using the 109 for 5 years and I've seen a steady increase in riders.
You save at least 5 minutes when Renforth Gateway opens, a lot of time is lost travelling along Commerce Blvd/Matheson Blvd.
I very rare use the Transitway and have no idea what ridership is like, but the buses I have been on going both way aren't half full. I do know ridership from Islington has increase from day one. I see the ridership at Islington when heading home at various time and it can be a few to a haft a bus depending on the time and day.

Has anyone witnessed a private automobile on the Transitway yet? In a similar situations to the right-of-way on Queens Quay? Likely, they'll be able to get off at the end, unless they get caught. But then, would the cops be on watch for such trespassers?

Has anyone witnessed a private automobile on the Transitway yet? In a similar situations to the right-of-way on Queens Quay? Likely, they'll be able to get off at the end, unless they get caught. But then, would the cops be on watch for such trespassers?

It happens on the York University Busway.

No, but I did see someone cycling on the Transitway a few months ago. It was maybe a week before Spectrum and Orbitor stations opened, and they were cycling on the part that wasn't open yet.

i was on the transitway on friday and ridership is pretty good never really overcrowded but rarely empty these days. the stations are being used more lately which is good and traffic around renforth station is terrible cuz of the construction it will really improve when the station along with the on/of ramps are complete. i really think the the transitway east is a success and hopefully it will trigger transit oriented development in the airport corporate centre.

Holy... That's a lot of parking for a residential complex. Every inch of unbuilt space on the property is parking - there's no playground or even any kind of lawn. Maybe with the transitway opening next door some 2-car households will become 1-car households and they'll be able to reduce parking to actually provide some amenity space for residents.

Possible amenity space highlighted in green
tempz.JPG

Assuming Mississauga's parking regulations allow it.

Attachments

• tempz.JPG
    tempz.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 730
Last edited:

Back