Has GO even considered closing Kipling GO and opening a station at a Honeydale subway station instead? I suppose it's rather inconsequential.

I am all for extending BD to Honeydale/Cloverdale, but how much land is Hydro One taking back anyway? Does it really force the closure of the GO station there?

Kipling is not the right location for GO/MiWay/TTC hub anyways, so blessing in disguise. An extension of East Mall would take a lot of buses off the road, both TTC and especially MiWay.

In addition to East Mall/Honeydale, I'd also like to see GO build a new train station at Islington.

I frequently use Kipling to take the subway on weekends. What is wrong with Kipling as a GO/MT/TTC hub? It's not far from the 427.

I frequently use Kipling to take the subway on weekends. What is wrong with Kipling as a GO/MT/TTC hub? It's not far from the 427.

What is above the area??

If you can't built in the area that is needed for the new terminal, where do you think it should go and how long of a walk will it be to get from your location to the existing terminal??

While you are at it, how do you make the existing GO Station accessibly not only for the existing terminal as well for the new one along with walk-in??

Why should there be a GO station at Islington once MT is relocated since it will see less than 40% of the current ridership under current GO Transit Blind Fold?? Under the plan I see for a new GO set up, yes a station at Islington is needed as well Jane.

Cloverdale is the right location for the Gateway Hub Terminal, not Kipling.

While I can see the value in an at-grade subway extension towards the 427, I can also see the value of relocating the GO station to Islington being that it would likely trigger redevelopment of the existing terminal and lot into something more urban.

Honeydale/CLoverdale is even closer to 427. It would take huge amount of buses off the road. It is also less a barren location than Kipling, without a giant hydro transformer station nearby.

I think if you are going to spend millions on an interregional terminal, might as well build in the best location possible, and that is clearly at East Mall, not Kipling. The terminal is proposed for Kipling simply because it is the last station, no other reason. And moving Kipling GO station to Honeydale leaves open the possibility of a GO station at Islington. Kipling and Islington would be too close.

From what I have been told, Hydro One want the current land being used by TTC as a kiss & ride for a new sub station since its their land in the first place as well they have no more room on the south side for it.

They want to protect all their remaining land for future needs. Not doing so, means darkness with no power for future development.

That being the case, support Hydro One position not building the new gateway hub there as plan and move it back to where it was originally to be at Cloverdale.

Supported the Vice Chair at the time in 2005 and still do on building the extension to the BD to take the current line over to Cloverdale area regardless if its $600m or $800m, as everyone win at the end of the day once it is built. If that is the case, 10-15 years before it happens.

Do you have any sources on paper? I really want this to be true. A station at Honeydale makes so much sense.

Do you have any sources on paper? I really want this to be true. A station at Honeydale makes so much sense.

Conversation with Hydro One

The steel frame for the Sq One Terminal Shelter Was up last week, but noting more has happen to it since then.

Going by the Tomken Station tonight, is this thing going be ready by next month as reschedule with the ROW opening in April? It still not 100% inclosed as well the roof is still missing. A lot of work still to be done.

Need to find some nice day of weather to check the other 2 station out as well get some update shots.

Going by the Tomken Station tonight, is this thing going be ready by next month as reschedule with the ROW opening in April? It still not 100% inclosed as well the roof is still missing. A lot of work still to be done.
The March 29 board is already posted and it doesn't include any BRT related changes. They're probably aiming for May now.

The new bus shelter is a week or 2 away from being put into service.

The Shelter room with heat is small.

The decking for the terminal is marked up orange with cones for area that are above or below flat level that will cause people to trip and fall easy. This means the decking is going to be rebuilt this spring and hope they finally replace all the dead trees for the past years and put in proper base for the new trees if they are replace. There was a site inspection for contractor last months to do repairs and other things.

One hope the will put in real time info and new sign board then.
12866581253_971060c7c1_b.jpg

12866572423_4eaf479bdf_b.jpg

12866496105_abe7b82e8e_b.jpg

Is there somewhere I can find images of this project? Ive looked but cant find anything recent.

Is there somewhere I can find images of this project? Ive looked but cant find anything recent.

If you are talking about Sq One Terminal, no there is nothing on line. In fact, I didn't know this was being plan until I saw it.

If you are talking about the Whole Project go to http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/improve/mississauga_brt.aspx and http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/miway/transitway

If you visit my Flickr site, I have a set for photos of the whole thing.

It is now official that the cost to build this BRT has gone from $180m to about $275m and going exceed my non inflation price of $350m with the awarding of the 3rd phase. The city is on the hook for another $41m. We still got the cost of both Kipling and the Renforth station to come as well the section GO transit is building. .

http://www7.mississauga.ca/documents/agendas/committees/transportation/2014/2014_03_19_Agenda.pdf
RECOMMENDATION: 1. That the maximum costs of the multi-year funded Transit BRTConstruction
(PN.08.232) be approved at $275,162,400 to award
the Mississauga Bus Rapid Transit Construction TenderSegment#
HIGHLIGHTS:
2. That the Purchasing Agent be authorized to award the third
Mississauga Transitway construction contract, Procurement
Number #F A.49.383-13 - Mississauga Bus Rapid Transit
Construction Tender- Segment 3 - Etobicoke Creek to
Commerce Boulevard, Civil Works and Stations to Dufferin
Construction Company, a division ofHolcim (Canada) Inc., as
they provided the lowest acceptable bid received in accordance
with Purchasing By-law #0374-06.

Back