It is rather notable, isn't it? I suppose it is understandable, as one can use balconies to define a look fairly cheaply (as in One Bloor) without having to have a radical design for the actual main structure (as in Absolute World). That said, Monde seems to be doing a bit of both -- an interesting overall building form, with cool balconies to add additional interest.

i agree...... its smart..... not as expensive

If the rendering is to be taken as 'accurate', I counted 42 storeys on it ~

Me too. I just want confirmation that the height increase was approved.

I have examined the architectural drawings for this development and can confirm the following:

• top residential floor is level 40, with 2 mechanical floors on levels 41 + 42
  • height to top of mechanical penthouse (L42) is 137.98 metres / 452.69 feet
  • Amenities are alll located on Level 12, including a rooftop pool and terrace overlooking Queens Quay
  • Level 11 will be dedicated entirely to mechanical and structural transfers
  • 5 levels of underground parking, 350 parking spaces (including 46 spaces for visitors)
  • 558 bicycle parking spaces
  • 2 residential lobbies, north lobby for tower portion and south lobby for podium portion
  • daycare on level 2 of north half of building
  • ground level retail primarily located in south half of building
  • total GFA = 56,751 m2, 81% lot coverage, 11.13 FSI
  • total 513 suites = 321 1br + 169 2br + 23 3br units

I always thought it looked taller than the 40 stories...lol:D

12 BONNYCASTLE ST

Site Plan Approval 11 288589 STE 28 SA Ward 28
- Tor & E.York Oct 6, 2011 --- --- --- ---

Proposal to construct a new 43 storey mixed use building on the lands complete with an 11 storey podium and tower above. Proposal includes retail at grade, five below grade parking levels and 513 residential units. Included in the proposal is a 962m2 day care facility.

Great Gulf / Marketvision held a VIP preview for Monde condos at the Westin Prince Hotel yesterday ~

monden12.jpg

it's a fantastically refreshing break from the monotony of "The Toronto Style" (read: box). The podium and ground level looks very lively and inviting. The tower portion holds great promise for appealing suite layouts, especially those facing directly south. Lake views are preserved for east and west facing units by the triangular floorplate. Its wonderful to lose yourself in the coziness of this rendering, but how long will it be until Sherbourne Common is that green (if ever)? If anything, the design is too good / wasted on this location / city. Would be perhaps more at home in SanFrancisco... but anyways, lets hurry up and get all the approvals worked out and get this thing under construction!

If anything, the design is too good / wasted on this location / city. Would be perhaps more at home in SanFrancisco... but anyways, lets hurry up and get all the approvals worked out and get this thing under construction!

Wow... that's a pretty defeatist attitude, no? I'd say WT is doing a pretty damn good job of rolling out its vision of East Bayfront.

Wow... that's a pretty defeatist attitude, no? I'd say WT is doing a pretty damn good job of rolling out its vision of East Bayfront.

+1 ... apparently the lack of fully mature trees is reason enough to deem this a waste ... what a silly comment ...

Back