btw, apparently there's 10 floors of office space here! Around 300,000 square feet - in the podium, that's quite significant ... if it leases :)
I saw it listed on some site, forgot the details. I think it was officesearchtoronto ... not sure if they still have it listed.

That office space should help bring huge crowds onto the waterfront at lunch break, after work, etc. but won' help out much on weekends.

Status update from the Sept 8 WT Board Meeting CEO Report:

Great Gulf Homes (“GGH”), the developer of the Parkside site, advise that they will be coming before the Design Review Panel in September. Assuming positive support, GGH has indicated that they would like to advance their Site Plan Application with the City in order to be in a position to go to market in 2011.
(p. 2)

http://waterfrontoronto.ca/uploads/documents/ceo_report___public_1.pdf

The WT's CEO report to their September meeting said:

Great Gulf Homes (“GGH”), the developer of the Parkside site, advise that they will be coming before the Design Review Panel in September. Assuming positive support, GGH has indicated that they would like to advance their Site Plan Application with the City in order to be in a position to go to market in 2011.

However, the WT website now says that the September DRP has been cancelled.

This from the WT CEO's report to their Sept 8 meeting

"Great Gulf Homes (“GGH”), the developer of the Parkside site, advise that they will be coming before the Design Review Panel in September. Assuming positive support, GGH has indicated that they would like to advance their Site Plan Application with the City in order to be in a position to go to market in 2011."

The Design Review Panel's meeting was cancelled in September and now the October one is also cancelled. Hmmm.

This from CEO's OCTOBER 20 Report:

Great Gulf Homes (“GGH”), the developer of the Parkside site, postponed their presentation to the DRP pending finalization of suite layouts and resolving certain issues related to servicing their building. They now anticipate coming to the DRP in November.

Last edited:
Any news on this? I'm surprised Great Gulf hasn't even put up a "Coming Soon" item on their website.

new Condo Guide is finally out (Jan 8- Jan 29)...Great Gulf article on page 20-21,
COMING SOON: Watch for a major new mixed-use development in the new waterfront neighbourhood of East Bayfront, by the Great Gulf Group of Companies

New Images of Parkside on Waterfront Toronto Site

The following images appeared on the Waterfront Toronto website after the recent Design Review Meeting. I haven't found them anywhere else on UrbanToronto - so sorry, if they appear elsewhere. The design is a much more refined - with innovative balconies.

TheNewGuy

Attachments

• parkside2.jpg
    parkside2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 432
  • parkside5.jpg
    parkside5.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 437
  • parkside1.jpg
    parkside1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 456
  • parkside4.jpg
    parkside4.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 423
  • parkside3.jpg
    parkside3.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 447
The following images appeared on the Waterfront Toronto website after the recent Design Review Meeting. I haven't found them anywhere else on UrbanToronto - so sorry, if they appear elsewhere. The design is a much more refined - with innovative balconies.

TheNewGuy

This one looks like a winner from the pics.

I'm curious -- is Waterfront Toronto involved in the space to the west of Sherbourne Common North? There doesn't seem to be a specific project listed on their website, like there is for Bayside, Parkside, and the Corus Quay/George Brown section.

Back