June 30th - 2013.

MYC-CONDO-30-06-2013-1.jpg

MYC-CONDO-30-06-2013-2.jpg

MYC-CONDO-30-06-2013-3.jpg

Cell phone shots from a moving subway train this evening, forgive the lack of effort:

pGN6mE2.jpg

8pNs5B4.jpg

Seems I never have my camera in hand when passing this one..always cell phone shots...sorry:

DIzKkiO.jpg

28 September 2013: I shot this stunner just before the sun came out :(

dpch.jpg

Believe it or not it's my 2nd favourite building in this shot:
agkk.jpg

jr27.jpg

5mdx.jpg

q8me.jpg

Merton may have density (lining developer's pockets?) but it's utterly dead at 7am on a Saturday!
rfiw.jpg

Being dead at 7am on a Saturday is strange?

MYC crane will be removed this weekend.

btw, sidewalk closure south of TTC hq until May 2014 is for construction of brick utility building next to similar existing structure - will contain new signal equipment.

Merton is dead 24x7 ; - ) ... well to be fair there are many many runners in the area.

I amount this to the following - the railway path just to the south of Merton is always busy so people surely walk there instead. Moreover there is nothing else on the street.

But honestly that's the appeal ! I know a lot of people who want to live on street because its deemed *quiet* ... which it is ... in a rather quaint way ...

30 November 2013: What happens when you hire quality window dressers?
djea.jpg

What happens when you're the only person standing on Yonge Street on a freezing cold Saturday morning?
q8md.jpg

ba6d.jpg

r5s8.jpg

irlh.jpg

vudu.jpg

2kuh.jpg

8vbd.jpg

What happens when you realize there's nothing else to see on the street?

I have to say, I wasn't a big fan of a condo building right at the corner of Yonge & Merton, but seeing the photos now, MYC Condos immensely changes the landscape of that corner...in a good way. This just might be the catalyst to bring some much-needed life to this corner.

Back