You know I always push retail ... but I agree it doesn't make sense here ... firstly there will never ever be an retail to the south, due to the Mount Pleasent cemetery and the TTC yard to the west.

Any retail that went in here might have a difficult go of it. It's a very quiet stretch from Balliol down to Heath, because of Mount Pleasant Cemetery/Yorkminster Park to the east, and the TTC lands to the west.

agreed - there is very little pedestrian traffic here to sustain much retail.

i think the building design is intriguing, but the height makes it stick out rather unfortunately for the area.

it must be close to move in by now?

Agreed, although maybe a bike or running store would do better than other retail here since it's right beside the belt line trail.

The blank-ish wall along Yonge is unfortunate. Do they not want to acknowledge that it's a corner, and a corner with one face along Yonge street, at that?

The blank-ish wall along Yonge is unfortunate. Do they not want to acknowledge that it's a corner, and a corner with one face along Yonge street, at that?

The Sam the Record Man signs should be installed here for those who take the subway to enjoy :)

Then again, appropriate retail might build up the foot traffic.

This is the last building before the cemetery, and you have to cross an intersection to get to it. If ever there were a building where retail isn't required, this is it.

Some retailers don't need foot traffic to succeed, like a gallery or high-end restaurant whose customers may come from across the region.

Back