Today

West block

82340C47-3119-484F-9A7F-C04D89714709.jpeg

East block

20275799-5605-4A36-A914-EDFC2BD54919.jpeg

And together (looking west)

F6BA99FE-D1BF-426C-AAB0-7E49FD4958D6.jpeg

I find the whole façade kind of... busy? Too many columns and articulations. Even those "Bay" windows, which I'd normally be in love with, seem a bit heavy? Still think it's a great project with lovely details.

I find the whole façade kind of... busy? Too many columns and articulations. Even those "Bay" windows, which I'd normally be in love with, seem a bit heavy? Still think it's a great project with lovely details.
I don’t mind heavy articulation, but I think there may just be too many elements in the design, I.e. the pitched roofs that have little integration into the rest of the design.

I don’t mind heavy articulation, but I think there may just be too many elements in the design, I.e. the pitched roofs that have little integration into the rest of the design.
Yeah...busy is not always a bad thing. But I agree that quaint tiled roof seems to gives it a bit too much of a McMansion flare for me. And was not really needed material wise, IMO.

I'm going to disagree. The gold is unique, and while I would not want to see it repeated too frequently on other projects (as it could get old fast), I think in the present circumstance it sets the project apart.
It will hopefully patina over time, it's a bronze material from France but I can't recall the specific name. IIRC, it's the same material from the canopy and fins at the Tom Patterson theater though it does look more yellow-y in these photos. I think there is a treatment that gets applied.

Should've been black, and whatever the hell this is just...shouldn't have been:

View attachment 485357

Back