I kinda like these.
You like the idea of it. How it is not blue/grey but rather black making it stand out. I was excited to see this get built when it started.

But the quality of the finishings and how the pieces come together it is seriously lacking.

From afar it looks ‘unterrible’ but walking down Mercer it is amateur hour.

I do like that they went with a darker colour scheme here which is a nice contrast to all the blue/green glass in this area. I was anticipating a much nicer final product though.

You like the idea of it. How it is not blue/grey but rather black making it stand out. I was excited to see this get built when it started.

But the quality of the finishings and how the pieces come together it is seriously lacking.

From afar it looks ‘unterrible’ but walking down Mercer it is amateur hour.
Fair. Haven't seen in person.

I find the towers meh by Toronto standards. That's not good given the unbelievably low standards in Toronto. There is so much worse than these The podium is enormous for little tiny Mercer. I dislike it more than the towers.

This is the first time that I have seen Nobu lit up at night. Btw, these three towers represent 1,201 units or approximately 2,000 new residents to this neighbourhood and that isn’t counting the guests in the hotel. As there isn’t that much new retail I hope that the retailers and restaurants get a nice little bump in business! Taken 1 December.

IMG_5455.jpeg
IMG_5454.jpeg

Last edited:
But why oh why are they not adding the black panelling to the top of one side of the tower?
It's like this on each tower, but on different sides, right? whyyyy????
If they ran out money or parts or whatever, maybe paint it black?
The buildings are okay, especially as filler buildings. But absolutely missed the mark in terms of expectations vs reality.
Maybe a uniform top would go a long way.

Finally got back up to my perch. From lunchtime today, Cladding is all the way up. Dec. 20th.

Does anyone know a good stitching software to create a time-lapse? I have a few buildings I want to get all of these photos I have. Preferably free software.

1000023880.jpg

Back