News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
A peek inside the new Burberry store.

burberry.jpg

I believe there was a Swiss restaurant here and that along with the cafes in the Windsor Arms made this a rockin' street. Now, it's pretty quiet.

You speak of the much-missed Danish Food Centre / Copenhagen Room. Don't remember an outdoor patio, mind you.

You're right about the building -- a quick lick of paint couldn't hurt.

I believe there was a Swiss restaurant here

as per Blovertis, it was a Scandinavian restaurant....that was quite a while ago...

"official" Canadian English? "correct" spelling of centre? Canada is not France, and English is not French. No matter where you live, both centre and center are correct, as long as you're consistent in which you choose.

In Canada, "centre" is PREFERRED. There is no such thing as "correct" in this case.

There is a thing called "Canadian English" as defined by the Canadian Oxford Dictionary and used by the Canadian Press. The Canadian spelling of the word is "centre". No one will arrest you for using "center" but it's not the Canadian spelling.

There is a thing called "Canadian English" as defined by the Canadian Oxford Dictionary and used by the Canadian Press. The Canadian spelling of the word is "centre". No one will arrest you for using "center" but it's not the Canadian spelling.

The Canadian Press uses "ize" for word like "realize" and "marginalize," but I know a lot of older Canadians who prefer "ise"

The Canadian Press uses "ize" for word like "realize" and "marginalize," but I know a lot of older Canadians who prefer "ise"

'ize' is Canadian. 'ise' is British.

Now stand very still. Joe Clark can't see us if we don't move.

Another Wanda's? Give it another half dozen years and we'll be Brussels. Someone order up a peeing statue!

Just a thought. Wouldn't Stollery's at Yonge & Bloor make a great location for a huge Apple store. I'm kinda surprised Stollery's is still hanging in there. I never see a lot of people inside, they've got some guy outside handing out flyers to get people in the store and then there's that little rack on the sidewalk with a few shirts and ties on it. Anybody know how they're doing?

Last edited:
Holy Oak cafe makes Lansdowne&Bloor officially next hipster 'hood!

It's been open for about 2 months, slowly changing over from an Ethiopian dive to a cute little coffee shop/cafe, serving Intelligentsia coffee paninis and more. Today I finally went inside: nice addition to a soon to be cool strip (when 3 Speed Bike--the bar--opens...:))

dsc02146q.jpg

Change is good, but I love the diversity, the layers to this strip of Bloor West: one of urbandreamer's favourite parts of Toronto!

Here's some new businesses just opened/opening/re-opened in Bloorcourt Village--Lansdowne to Dufferin:

dsc02128o.jpg

dsc02150g.jpg

dsc02152e.jpg

dsc02157b.jpg

Back