It's turning out just like the rendering... subdued but very tasteful.

I love the hat that notches out towards Bloor.

The upper floor, south facing units in this building will have some of the best unobstructed views in the city. Is the building completely sold out?

^I love the OISE tower--one of my favourite Toronto buildings. But I've always hated that podium.

The podium is terrible. For one, the entrance to the building is at the back of the building. The tiny windows on the inside don't even allow views onto Bloor because there's another wall behind the opening in the facade. There are only windows on the sides, so you end up looking into the same building. The disconnect between the podium and the more attractive upper section is also a negative.

21 February 2010: I'm starting to imagine the additions of Pears on the Avenue, the Florian, 4S, Cumberland Terrace towers, 21 Av Rd, #1B, Couture, X2, 45 Charles, U 1&2, Minto St Thomas, 77 Charles and more to this view over the next 5 years.

dsc00743vt.jpg

Is my mind playing tricks on me? must be the angle of the shot. what the heck is that building just covering part of one st thomas?

Wasn't this supposed to be a luxury condo? Looks decent but pretty ordinary?

Agreed. Unfortunately a high end building doesn't always equate to top notch architecture in this city. Nonetheless, I think it will be solid at street level, which in my opinion is what really matters for this location.

Looks like its the Mosaic Condos.

really? One Bedford is significantly different than Mosaic in design, shape and facade materials

I'm tempted to say One Bedford reminds me of Festival Tower ... coincidentally also by KPMB

1Bed is in a different league than the crappy Mosaic. Just as 18 Yorkville surpasses 1Bed's design. RR, I guess you missed the show last night as well? (The hockey game was much more exciting to watch, imho.:))

Really Really awesome updates today Redroom! The cladding on One Bed is so awesome! The building looks nearly complete and goes very nicely with the surrounding neighbourhood!... the ROM looks sweet too!

really? One Bedford is significantly different than Mosaic in design, shape and facade materials

I'm tempted to say One Bedford reminds me of Festival Tower ... coincidentally also by KPMB

he was referring to a question in post #562 about urbandreamer's photo, asking which building was physically in line with 1 St Thomas and the answer given of Mosaic is correct. I do agree that 1 Bedford and Festival Tower are quite similar. Same architect after all.

Is my mind playing tricks on me? must be the angle of the shot. what the heck is that building just covering part of one st thomas?

Hi Solaris

I should have included the quote (see above).
I believe Student99 was referring to the photo in post # 522

From the angle we're looking at, it looks like its the Mosaic that is in front of one St. Thomas.

Back