So now we are comparing Bloor St W with Paris?

Well, I was being somewhat facetious. However, I still can't deny the fact that my heart sinks slightly everytime I see this building from anywhere except Bloor Street. Hopefully it gets better once it's completed.

I'm not against seeing tall buildings looming over low-rise areas all together. I think they can sometimes be pulled off very well (e.g. http://wvs.topleftpixel.com/09/04/28/).

The more I see this condo rearing its face all around the city... the more I'm hating it. I especially hate looking at it from the UofT campus.

The UofT campus is reaching for the skies and I'm pretty sure this trend will continue.

The more I see this condo rearing its face all around the city... the more I'm hating it. I especially hate looking at it from the UofT campus.

I think the photograph you've posted reinforces the idea of the campus as a separate Forbiden City within the great wen.

Besides, as noted previously on this thread ...

Bruce Kuwabara lives nearbye. And would Bruce permit a building to go up that harmed the neighbourhood? No way!

extending the Bloor St. canyon.......pics by Jasonzed at SSC....

20100213082.jpg

20100213064.jpg

That would be antithetical to OISE's design. It's a cool building.

Then again, eventually they will have to make it treat Bloor Street better I guess... but the tower portion should remain as is.

The inside of the OISE building is really unhealthy. It feels terrible. The OISE building is falling apart and will cost way more to rehabilitate than to tear down and start over. I wouldn't be surprised to see this one revamped late this decade.

Anyway, it looks like One Bedford is about to get its roof element. It's looking good so far.

The inside of the OISE building is really unhealthy. It feels terrible. The OISE building is falling apart and will cost way more to rehabilitate than to tear down and start over. I wouldn't be surprised to see this one revamped late this decade.

:confused: have you been inside? I've never seen anything that qualifies as "falling apart". The entire 5th floor was gutted and revamped almost a decade ago, sections of a few other floors have been redeveloped, the parking garage was recently repaved, and part of the library is going to get renovated soon. The other floors aren't glamorous, but they're not "falling apart".

Back