And the mystery continues on the height of this building.:D

The mystery is not with the height of this building, it's with how Daily Commercial News can be so slack with the numbers they publish.

If GG is building a 70 storey building for the grand sum of $50,000,000... I for one will not be walking around Yonge and Bloor any more (without a hard hat).

I think maybe there is a zero missing. That or they've redesigned it and are now going to make it using wood frame and vinyl siding.

There is an ad in today's (Saturday's) The Star about the new release of various size units " .. from $ 500,...". Will appreciate if someone could get the price list and post it on this tread.

If GG is building a 70 storey building for the grand sum of $50,000,000... I for one will not be walking around Yonge and Bloor any more (without a hard hat).

You do realize the source of the information? That site that never seems to know what they're talking about.

According to Urbanation today, One Bloor was the number one selling condo last year. Hardly a revelation to some of us given the location. It does however make me wonder why GG was so tentative about the height of this thing. Apparently they could have sold as many units as they could build here and they certainly left some "height" on the table.

https://twitter.com/urbanation/status/32787679049420801

It's not just sales. You have to be able to get financing for the whole thing as well. I'm not sure how many lenders are willing to finance mega projects right now

I'm so excited for the start of this project, I really feel this is the most important building to go up in this boom...
How it creates a new hub, (along with Aura), that will spur other growth in the area,...... how Like the 4 SEASONS in Miami, has changed the shot of the city you always see... They now start alot further out to catch the full length of the skyline and often you see the new cluster more... how the design is so "rap video" fantastic.....straight outa a Jay Z video....it's just blingin....
How even with the false starts, the city's boom has been protracted, enough that this will still go forward this cycle. Many said no way....
It will just really change the look and feel of Yorkville so much, the other actors now become (2 Bloor, Uptown, Manulife etc.) get relegated to infill, and 2 Bloor is a lot better as a bit part, than 2nd fiddle.
How this address will no longer be run down,:p or an empty lot!

interesting post by rbt over at SSP......just a rumour of course....

A numbers of trades in X believe Great Gulf is hunting for a major height boost to One Bloor. It's possible another 200 units could be put up for sale before construction starts.

Trades like to make rumours though and I'm not sure the guys fixing hardwood floors and sinks would know anything particularly special.

hmmmm ^^^ of course it's just a rumour, but it ain't mean we can't dream ^^^.
could this one hit the near 300m mark? (or at least 270m)

Well, One Bloor is currently 70 floors and 690 units, or about 10 units per (residential) floor. So 200 extra units would represent about 20 additional floors, for a total of 90 floors. 237.7m (at 70 floors) times 90/70 = ~306m

Question: are there currently units not yet up for sale? They might need to be subtracted from that rumoured additional 200 units.

Back