This is a very big project for a very timid company. I don't think it’s a coincidence that the recent delay comes at the same time as the recent financial fiasco in the U.S.

Clearly they are on a "wait and see" footing and for GG that could easily last until fall or longer.

I don't think that there's any correlation considering that this supposed delay began before the recent market turmoil. Perhaps the answer is just as simple as the construction permit having not yet been issued. Crazy, I know...

I also want to point out that GG is not a timid company. If it were, it wouldn't have started sales on X2 at the height of the recession. In fact, that was the project that lit the fuse for the post-crash rebirth in the condo market.

Interesting, I would have thought University and Queen would be up there..

Anyways this project needs to get its ass moving.. It's turning into the next Bay-Adelaide.

What, relax till the next Credit Crunch sweeps by..:eek::confused:

I'm an optimist by nature, but that is what's crawling around in the back of my mind. I'm confident it's just about awaiting necessary permits, but it still makes me nervous given what's happening in the US and Europe.

When I went by today I saw some steel at the south end of the site. But it didn't look as long as the steel that's normally used for shoring.

Last edited:
bloorsteel.jpg

On Thursday I saw that they also have shoring drums (or whatever they are called) stored on the north side of the walkway to the Xerox building.

Roy's Square subway entrance will be temporarily close August 15 for the placement of hoarding. Construction seriously begins Monday.

Last edited:
^Exactly, everyone needs to take a Valium and end it with these doomsday predictions all the time. This thing is getting built.

Roy's Square subway entrance will be temporarily close August 15 for the placement of hoarding. Construction seriously begins Monday.

Are they closing that entrance temporarily through construction or are they installing hoarding around the walkway?

Hey, now just wait a minute.......why is the entrance square...........and who the heck is this Roy......and why does he get his own entrance????

hmmmm, the plot thickens.

Back