Meanwhile, the sidewalk level has been the same hoarded-up crime against humanity it's been for years. I couldn't care less about the height of this tower or that, or what kind of glass they're using. I walk past this thing every day and there seems to be no progress whatsoever; you'd think they were building the pyramids. Balconies can go to hell, when are they going to get rid of the freaking asphalt and put up an exterior face?

Meanwhile, the sidewalk level has been the same hoarded-up crime against humanity it's been for years. I couldn't care less about the height of this tower or that, or what kind of glass they're using. I walk past this thing every day and there seems to be no progress whatsoever; you'd think they were building the pyramids. Balconies can go to hell, when are they going to get rid of the freaking asphalt and put up an exterior face?

As someone who prefers not to have workers installing glass balconies above his head without any scaffolding, I'm all for keeping the scaffolding as long as necessary.

It's definitely unsightly, but it's no different than any other high rise construction project for that matter. Sure, there are exceptions, like what they did with Aura by opening up the retail podium ahead of schedule, but that was not decided upon here.
It will be nice when these sidewalks are reclaimed, but unfortunate that the retail (Nordstrom rack) won't open till late 2017, so depending on when they remove the hoarding, we may be left with a glass wall for some time.

One from a couple days ago. You can see how great the balcony glass is gonna shape this thing from this angle.
7IHvjOX.jpg

From the photo it looks like they've moved the hoarding over further east in order to install the granite sidewalk. Parts of the granite have already been put in on the north side.
Oh okay, yep, I see it now. Thanks.

From Sunday and Monday:
DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0071.jpg
    DSC_0071.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 1,019
  • DSC_0188.jpg
    DSC_0188.jpg
    597.9 KB · Views: 1,026
  • DSC_0185.jpg
    DSC_0185.jpg
    579.4 KB · Views: 1,015
  • DSC_0141.jpg
    DSC_0141.jpg
    879.6 KB · Views: 997
  • DSC_0191.jpg
    DSC_0191.jpg
    1,002.1 KB · Views: 989
  • DSC_0195.jpg
    DSC_0195.jpg
    680.9 KB · Views: 959
  • DSC_0175.jpg
    DSC_0175.jpg
    960 KB · Views: 1,007
  • DSC_0200.jpg
    DSC_0200.jpg
    615.9 KB · Views: 993
  • DSC_0193.jpg
    DSC_0193.jpg
    910.2 KB · Views: 979
  • DSC_0197.jpg
    DSC_0197.jpg
    737 KB · Views: 970
Great vid ^. One Bloor does a great job marking and anchoring the northern end of downtown with its commanding presence, looking even taller in part due to its slender profile. High-rises, 100m+ have rapidly spread throughout almost every corner of the city, with some approaching or even eclipsing the 150m mark. In many ways, this has blurred the line between the many of high-rise clusters that make up our city, with Absolute world, Quantum, and Hullmark Centre being a few notable examples. Not too long ago, the Manulife Centre was still the tallest building north of First Canadian Place. It's nice to see some behemoths, and future ones, finally populate the Yorkville cluster, specifically Yonge and Bloor, which is so critical especially given the transit infrastructure that is already beneath it. Visually, to me, it's akin to our version of what's happening along 57th street in midtown Manhattan.

Great vid ^. One Bloor does a great job marking and anchoring the northern end of downtown with its commanding presence, looking even taller in part due to its slender profile. High-rises, 100m+ have rapidly spread throughout almost every corner of the city, with some approaching or even eclipsing the 150m mark. In many ways, this has blurred the line between the many of high-rise clusters that make up our city, with Absolute world, Quantum, and Hullmark Centre being a few notable examples. Not too long ago, the Manulife Centre was still the tallest building north of First Canadian Place. It's nice to see some behemoths, and future ones, finally populate the Yorkville cluster, specifically Yonge and Bloor, which is so critical especially given the transit infrastructure that is already beneath it. Visually, to me, it's akin to our version of what's happening along 57th street in midtown Manhattan.
However, NIMBYism prevented One Bloor from becoming the tallest condo in Toronto, despite how there are buildings taller than that next to Central Park in midtown Manhattan, such as Top of the Rock only a few blocks south of Central Park.

However, NIMBYism prevented One Bloor from becoming the tallest condo in Toronto, despite how there are buildings taller than that next to Central Park in midtown Manhattan, such as Top of the Rock only a few blocks south of Central Park.

30 Rock is 9 blocks away from Central Park. All the towers going up on 57th St are only two blocks away, however.

Back