Also, apparently, unlike Aqua, this building will have some sort of tapering and/or angled roof-line.

What's the tent for?

4367992293_1687122421.jpg

4367992553_a1757cccf0.jpg

I guess they're expecting sales to be really huge for this, so not building a more "permanent" sales centre at this time?

Tent....

I guess they're expecting sales to be really huge for this, so not building a more "permanent" sales centre at this time?

Exactly what I was thinking when walking by that corner today. They must think that sales are going to huge and fast and thus why build a sales center when a tent can just be taken down in a day or two.

Once the initial madness dies down they can move sales over to the X2 office on Charles East and continue from there.

What's the tent for?

4367992293_1687122421.jpg

4367992553_a1757cccf0.jpg

In a twist of irony it's the new Tent City location to house all the condo speculator refugees who are now broke and homeless as a result of Jimbo's 20% downpayment requirement for non-resident buyers.

Why do I think "Dynasty", circa 1984 every time I see the rendering? I can see Linda Evans driving up to this building in a stretch limo...only to be accosted by a group of unruly chinese investors, still reeling from being shut out of the line at X2.

Dynasty hahahaha....yes I can see the giant shoulder pads and helmet hair now!

What a cold shoulder! They couldnt even make it the same size as aqua??? BAH bummer!
I like the design, but... ... COMMMON!!! add like another 10 floors.
Why are Toronto peeps always short on the height.GIVE US MORE!!! If its cuz of the cn tower, i think im ready for the thing to come down! :s jk jk
and if 1 bloor sold out so fast...why is this building still so small (compared) NO?
I guess I was hoping for more. :(

On one hand - as much as I like to be arch about these things - I kinda wish it was taller, too.

On the other, isn't it nice to see a design that you can't just plop an extra 10 floors onto without impacting it at all? This building and its shapes is designed vertically as well as horizontally. That's a nice change.

Reading this forum, I can never understand this hunger for height. As an perceptive poster pointed out earlier, the main factor that affects us a residents, is how much we can use the first floors in the podium, and how much of a podium the building will have to cut down on the wind tunnel effect. As someone who lives in the immediate vicinity, I realize tlhat we need more retail, in an area that is already crowded, with more condos opening soon.

Having a taller building will only benefit the millionaires who live on the top floors, and will have a better view, but will block out more of the sun for those of us not so highly placed. Perhaps some people are city-proud, and they want to have higher phallic symbols than some other city. We can achieve density without going so high.

.......... I can never understand this hunger for height.......Having a taller building will only benefit the millionaires who live on the top floors, and will have a better view, but will block out more of the sun ...

On the other hand, I have never understood the argument that a building in downtown Toronto is too tall. Something has to give. First they despair that urban sprawl will kill us, so they place a “green barrier around the city and preach intensification - then they say buildings are too tall (by some unknown "human scale") and intensification must be scaled back – no clear reasons are ever provided except increased traffic (need to improve / increase mass transit) and blocked sunlight. Our cities are the engine that drives our economy. If you insist that you can’t grow out and you can’t grow up then grow where? Or is the argument that the city should stop growing? Or is the argument that all buildings should be capped at some arbitrary height? There are few sites as clearly perfect for intensification as \Yonge and \Bloor due to the fact that it is serviced by two subway lines. In fact many of our downtown sites can and should have less restrictions on height. The infrastructure is there to accommodate as is the transit and the ability for many to walk to work.

....We can achieve density without going so high.

You must either mean subterranean or even tinier apartments. I think the apartments are already too small and lack any form of "human scale". Sunlight isn’t all we need; we also need space to adequately live - including families.

Back