Big Daddy:

But nothing I or we say can change any of this so change channels and watch Aura - Aura is a great building and may become even greater

1BE - history, move along.

If anything, I would place my bets on Aura being an inferior building - designed by an inferior architect built by an inferior developer. Oh wait, there is that pesky height part...

AoD

while I too am optimistically waiting to see One Bloor's new design, I would disagree that Aura is an inferior building designed by an inferior architect (Graziani + Corazza) built by an inferior developer (Canderel Stoneridge) ... both of which have a rather respectable track record

Solaris:

Like RoCP 1 & 2, DNA 1 & 2, Waterford, Newport Beach...all paragon of quality and design. That's in comparison to GG's Morgan, Hudson, St. James, 18 Yorkville, X 1, One Sherway...I think there is no comparison.

And here is G&C's highrise portfolio

http://www.gc-architects.com/highrise/highrise.html

Their "best" at best matches works by P+S...

AoD

Last edited:
To be fair, Aura from the looks of it has the potential to be the best for both G&C and CS' portfolio. And no...that award (razzie?) has to go to Pemberton.

AoD

I am excited to see what will soon be revealed....and more excited to see what all the UTers think lol

I suspect based on comments so far regarding that partial rendering is that many won't like it. I however, love what I see so far....

I dunno. Certainly those who dislike it have been more vocal, as is usually the case, but plenty of people have been more positive about the project. They have simply tended to post less frequently on this thread. I myself am tentatively liking it, although I want to see the full render before making up my mind.

Yes. I for one would have posted numerous times but because this latest 1BE tower sucks so hard i am withholding. So disappointed. i should be over a thousand posts at this point. -ok, maybe a hundge.

and where's a gas station & car wash in this proposal? where does one refuel?

Thursday morning is the media event followed by sales, I'm surprised there's been so little anticipation over this. Hopefully there will be more material available sometime Thursday or Friday. Does anyone have an invitation?

A friend of mine got a VIP Realtor invite(or whatever its called) for thursday. He has 4 clients that want to buy 2-3 units each, dont care really the price cause it will just go up from there. Also, he himself is buying atleast one unit.

Im not too sure why I haven't seen such high ad campaigns for this project. However, I see 50-60% of the project selling within two-three weeks.

Back