Up until just before they opened to the public the sales office was very busy every day with lots of cars in the parking lot. I'm guessing they've already sold the bulk of the building and most of the good units have gone. They have a permit to keep the tent up until the end of this month and then I guess they'll move into the Zerox building sales office which is currently being renovated. Until then they'll grab whatever sales they can. If they get the extra 5 floors there will be another rush to pick up the best units.

As someone unfamiliar with these kind of issues, I'm curious -- what would the addition of extra floors mean for those who had already purchased what they thought were "upper" floor units? Would they get first dibs on the new higher units?

I 'll just observe that there was, at one point, a project in and around these parts that DID have people lining up around the block. Squatters! Placeholders! Tempers! Fervour! It didn't end totally well. So maybe this isn't the best way to judge.

As someone unfamiliar with these kind of issues, I'm curious -- what would the addition of extra floors mean for those who had already purchased what they thought were "upper" floor units? Would they get first dibs on the new higher units?

Who says those floors are going above the rest? They can simply insert new floors anywhere in the building, and people just get bumped up a floor.

Doesn't sound very profitable to insert new floors anywhere especially considering developers charge more the higher up in the building. I would assume these would be inserted near the top below the penthouse levels and those that have already pre-purchased and care about having more bodies above them can eat it. I'd be more miffed about more people using the same number of elevators. I hate waiting

This is for the 1 Bloor sales centre in the Zerox building. The sales tent on site is supposed to come down at the end of the month.

Application: Mechanical(MS) Status: Not Started
TORONTO ON M4W 1A9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 192398 HVA 00 MS Accepted Date: Jun 16, 2010

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Building Permit Related(MS)

Description: HVAC - Minor interior alterations to portion of ground floor for sales centre. Unit 105. Convenience address - 33 Bloor St E.

Back to Search Results page

I got an email from them today.

onebloor06182010all.jpg

I actually went "giggidy". Looks pretty good, but a it's just a render.

I know what you mean. Every time I see a new rendering, I think to myself "look at that awesome blue (and/or silver) tower!!!" Then they bust out the green glass and pummel my expectations into dust.

My favorite part is the semi-invisible top. It's like Sue Storm is protecting the glowing generator within.

Back