I'm surprised nobody is commenting on the balcony glass framing. As the railings are curved, I'm sure the glass itself will be curved as well.

I think the question was more so if they were going to be curved vertically to line up with the upward angles of the curved glass and not just horizontally which as AoD mention was already expected from the renders. I doubt they'll be angled vertically though I hardly think it matters since that's not going to be a noticeable detail 50+ floors in the air nor will it be something that will detract from the building's design further down.

Progress.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,245
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    908 KB · Views: 1,252
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    839.8 KB · Views: 1,237
I think the question was more so if they were going to be curved vertically to line up with the upward angles of the curved glass and not just horizontally which as AoD mention was already expected from the renders. I doubt they'll be angled vertically though I hardly think it matters since that's not going to be a noticeable detail 50+ floors in the air nor will it be something that will detract from the building's design further down.

I don't think it is going to be curved in the vertical dimension - even the unitized curtain walls didn't get a vertical curvature (merely angled), and I highly doubt that they would angle the balcony glass in the same way given the amount of customization each level will require (different angle requiring custom framing and glass for *each* floor).

AoD

…plus, you can't have the balcony glass angle outwards, giving people on the those balconies the chance to lean out and topple over.

In Benito's first picture at the bottom left corner, on the opposite side of the street is that the art project going up at Yonge and Bloor? I remember seeing pics for the foundations of it, but not any update on the actual piece.

In that photo all you can see is just the smallest little bit of the fence around the public art installation.

Back