Where did the signage with colour come from though? I found the same sign in the PDF but its only black and white.
Sorry for the late reply @devvydoesstuff

I finally got a chance to redownload the 48 MB PDF (PLN - Linked Document - 60%Design_WAY0-0001.pdf), and if you look near the top corner of Page 4 the Line 3 signage is in colour. It's the August 1, 2023 document called "Plans and Drawings" under "Supporting Documentation on the page https://www.toronto.ca/city-governm...nt/application-details/?id=5211102&pid=694908

1719101932664.png

Great, two purple lines
They are two very different shades of purple. Many cities have different shades of the same colour, as there's only so many colours in the spectrum. Line 4 is not dissimilar to the Metropolitan line in London, while this purple is closer to the Elizabeth line.

Even here, the proposed Line 7 colour and Line 2 colour are two shades of green. I'd think the pink colour the city proposed for Line 8 was closer to the Line 4 colour - but perceptions of colour differs from person to person.

They are two very different shades of purple. Many cities have different shades of the same colour, as there's only so many colours in the spectrum.
Yes, there are only so many colors on the spectrum, and only so many lines being built in Toronto, and one extra color became available after 2023 that would've been a smoother transition from line 2 green to line 4 purple, yet for some reason they still changed their mind about reusing it. Toronto doesn't exactly have that many lines that would require using 2 or more different shades of the same/adjacent color(s), unlike Moscow for example (line 2 dark green, line 10 bright green, line 3 dark blue, line 4 light blue).

Yes, there are only so many colors on the spectrum, and only so many lines being built in Toronto, and one extra color became available after 2023 that would've been a smoother transition from line 2 green to line 4 purple, yet for some reason they still changed their mind about reusing it.
The line 3 blue, or perhaps a darker shade of it, is being used by line 10.

1719175648542.png

unlike Moscow for example (line 2 dark green, line 10 bright green, line 3 dark blue, line 4 light blue).
Worth noting I guess that this could be considered a linguistic difference, since in Russian, "Dark Blue" and "Light Blue" are considered to be 2 wholly separate colours: "синий (sinyiy)" and "голубой (goluboy)"

Worth noting I guess that this could be considered a linguistic difference, since in Russian, "Dark Blue" and "Light Blue" are considered to be 2 wholly separate colours: "синий (sinyiy)" and "голубой (goluboy)"
It's not merely a linguistic issue, it's a scientific fact that blue & cyan are not in fact merely lighter & darker shades of the same color, cyan is in fact a mix of blue & green despite appearing simply "light blue".

They are two very different shades of purple. Many cities have different shades of the same colour, as there's only so many colours in the spectrum. Line 4 is not dissimilar to the Metropolitan line in London, while this purple is closer to the Elizabeth line.

Even here, the proposed Line 7 colour and Line 2 colour are two shades of green. I'd think the pink colour the city proposed for Line 8 was closer to the Line 4 colour - but perceptions of colour differs from person to person.
Yea except we have the old Scarborough RT cyan sitting there vacant.

We have many other colors like turquoise, red, brown and gray still available before we have to resort to shades of existing colors.

Yea except we have the old Scarborough RT cyan sitting there vacant.

We have many other colors like turquoise, red, brown and gray still available before we have to resort to shades of existing colors.
I doubt red will ever get used by the TTC since they use it for the buses and streetcars. Gray and Turquiose are somehow still up in the air because Metrolinx somehow still hasn't decided on the Finch West LRT colour. It appears gray on TTC maps, Magenta on Metrolinx's website, and yet has turquoise accents at the stations, so which one is it. We've known since construction started on the Crosstown it would be Orange, so why is there 3 competing colours for the Finch Line? Brown could go to the EELRT if we stick with the Transit City colour schemes. Pink is also a colour that may pop up at some point (Jane Street maybe?)

It's way too close to the darker cyan they are already using in Line 10 signage.

A lighter cyan would work somewhere.
I don't think this should ultimately matter considering both the TTC and GO operate lines that share Green and Orange as colours. In fact Metrolinx will own both Orange Lines (Milton GO and Line 5).

I don't think this should ultimately matter considering both the TTC and GO operate lines that share Green and Orange as colours. In fact Metrolinx will own both Orange Lines (Milton GO and Line 5).
I don't see how that has any relevance given they aren't branded as subways, nor are the GO lines numbered.

I just don't Line 3 and Line 10 using the same colours. Particular with some Metrolinx plans showing the Don Mills leg of Line 3 being extended to Mississauga.

I doubt red will ever get used by the TTC since they use it for the buses and streetcars.
They should really switch to gray for those services, and use actual colors (including red) for whatever lines they wanna include on the subway map.
I just don't Line 3 and Line 10 using the same colours.
I don't mind line 10 being whichever color, including the purple they wanna use for 3, but the 3 really should be SRT blue. And it's news to me that they're already worrying about what color line 10 would be when I've never heard of lines 7, 8, and 9 even having started construction, not to mention not being familiar with what lines 8/9 are supposed to be. I must be totally out of the loop there.
Particular with some Metrolinx plans showing the Don Mills leg of Line 3 being extended to Mississauga.
The Don Mills branch to Mississauga?? Are they planning to build a giant loop over the top of the city after extending the DM branch to Sheppard or Steeles? The western branch would be far closer to extend to Mississauga regardless.

I don't mind line 10 being whichever color, including the purple they wanna use for 3, but the 3 really should be SRT blue. And it's news to me that they're already worrying about what color line 10 would be when I've never heard of lines 7, 8, and 9 even having started construction, not to mention not being familiar with what lines 8/9 are supposed to be. I must be totally out of the loop there.
TTC has already shown the colours of Line 7 and 8 on various documents. But there's certainly nothing happening, other than the continuing City consultation for Line 7 - which we've been discussing here at length since it got it's EA approved when Miller was mayor.

I'm not sure why Line 3 should be SRT blue. Does it really make any difference?

The theory by some is they chose 10, because it's distinct from the Lines in Toronto, and that the LRT follows old Provincial Highway 10.

The Don Mills branch to Mississauga?? Are they planning to build a giant loop over the top of the city after extending the DM branch to Sheppard or Steeles? The western branch would be far closer to extend to Mississauga regardless.
We've discussed it this in this thread, with images. The mapping showed it heading to the 407, along the transitway alignment, then south to Pearson and then Kipling station. No extension west of Exhibition was shown (though I assume it's inevitable).

I'm sure we are talking many years before it hits 407, let alone runs along the 407. Presumably it would be interlined with services to Oshawa and Burlington.

Let's scrap all the subway colours & start again working in ROYGBIV order! Not sure if I'm joking or making a real suggestion here...

Back