Metrolinx will be demolishing basically an entire city block here, including most of the storefronts along Danforth between Pape and Eaton.

Metrolinx has learned from the Crosstown and is being much more foreword about taking property it needs instead of trying to fit absolutely everything into the municipal right of way.
Yes, I am aware that they will be demolishing an entire block along Danforth Ave and, as another member mentioned, IO has development plans for two blocks. I just noticed the demo fences and signs last night and was a bit surprised as I thought the demo won't start until 2025/26.

Yes, I am aware that they will be demolishing an entire block along Danforth Ave and, as another member mentioned, IO has development plans for two blocks. I just noticed the demo fences and signs last night and was a bit surprised as I thought the demo won't start until 2025/26.
Yea i think people are being mislead by the "contract execution in 2026".
In reality theres a lot of early works that can be done ahead of time. Its not going to be like they start digging a hole only when the final development phase is done.

Id also take a bet and say TBM's as the simplest part of this, could be installed and running on a normal timeline

1705969216235.png

1705969222036.png

1705969227607.png

1705969234289.png

Ugh - where will that fruit store go at the corner of Lipton and Pape.
pape.png

I could be mistaken but I think Good Brothers Fruits Market is safe from the current round of demo. That said, once whatever iteration of the 49 story tower is approved gets under construction at Pape/Danforth, they'll have to find a new location.

View attachment 534639

I could be mistaken but I think Good Brothers Fruits Market is safe from the current round of demo. That said, once whatever iteration of the 49 story tower is approved gets under construction at Pape/Danforth, they'll have to find a new location.

The buildings themselves are not a loss, but the concept of small scale retail/commercial with sidewalk access is critical to the vitality of streets like Danforth. I sure hope we don't find that tower uses the ground florr as amenity space or some other sterile non-streetscape friendly design. Too much of that already on our main streets.

- Paul

So when they make this northern extension to Don Mills, is it going to be elevated ??

How many stops are there in-between?

Really don't see why this wasn't in the first scope of design

So when they make this northern extension to Don Mills, is it going to be elevated ??

How many stops are there in-between?

Really don't see why this wasn't in the first scope of design
All the way to sheppard should have been in the first design to end all the sheppard subway talk.

Back