There's a disc golf community???

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And it wasn't consulted about the construction of major infrastructure?

😆😆😆😆😆

What's next, will pickleball community be ignored???
Ah the old "I'll misread this here post so I can make fun of someone because that makes me feel like a big man" approach. Good for you, Sir. Did you miss that part about consulting about moving the course (not the bridge, obviously)? No, of course not. Carry on. Hope you have a good day

Did a little aerial survey of the Ontario Line progress this morning.

Here's the full 4K video:

And here are some stills. Starting up by Leaside Bridge, where the new bridge will cross to the right of this one:
Leaside Bridge.jpg

Trees cut down:
Trees Down.jpg

Wide Shot.jpg

Moving down to Gerrard & Carlaw by the No Frills:
No Frills 2.jpg

No Frills Parking Lot.jpg

Widening at Gerrard and Carlaw:
Gerrard.jpg

Crossing Logan:
Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 2.25.11 PM.jpg

Crossing Dundas:
Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 2.25.34 PM.jpg

Crossing Queen:
Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 2.25.51 PM.jpg

Crossing Eastern:
Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 9.09.57 AM.jpg

Last edited:
...yeah, it's got that Disney monorail vibe going for it.

(The Toronto Police K9 Unit picted below on render above will unlikely be affected by this.)

...yeah, it's got that Disney monorail vibe going for it.

(The Toronto Police K9 Unit picted below on render above will unlikely be affected by this.)
All the trees immediately adjacent the K9 (god, I hate that; what's wrong with canine?) Unit have also been cut down. I wonder if it's for access to the construction site.

Ah the old "I'll misread this here post so I can make fun of someone because that makes me feel like a big man" approach. Good for you, Sir. Did you miss that part about consulting about moving the course (not the bridge, obviously)? No, of course not. Carry on. Hope you have a good day
For those of us recreational sport challenged rubes, I believe Theroin-san was referring to this thing used as a "basket" of sorts for frisbee (disc) golf....

20240225_153730_HDR.jpg

...which is smack dab in where they're likely putting bridge support of sorts for Crossing #2. Currently though this is still accessible for the disc sport goers, despite all the clear cutting here.

FYI:

Last edited:
And now an update on Crossing #2: As we enter a moonscape with a mid groaning interlude of Pink Floyd's Echoes as background music, to what was a once manicured park interceded with outlying bushes. It's now horrifyingly stark and a bit shocking...

20240225_153223.jpg

20240225_153304_HDR.jpg

20240225_153459_HDR.jpg

I think the last one has the ET Seton Archery Range left fairly unscathed in behind...

Originally year ago I thinks when I noticed they started working on this, I had wrongly presumed that this was some sort of anti-erosion project. It didn't dawn on my noggin that Crossing #2 for Line 3 was going straight over here at Seton's. Then again, I am not sure I was entirely wrong, either...

20240225_154130_HDR.jpg

...I think they're doing more than installing the respective crossing, as they're killing multiple birds with one stone with this...as it looks like they working on some sort of irrigation alignment or something. As it was previously mentioned on one of the maps that this would be a multi-faceted project...partly answering my original concerned question over on the previous page.

Anywhoose, it will be interesting to see where this all goes. All grainy pics taken by moi.

Last edited:
Lets have a look at what's going on (or about to) at Pape Station:

View attachment 543079

Curiously, still no demo permits even applied for......... (looks terrible everything boarded up for an entire block)
The crews are working on abatements inside the properties. Demo work has started along Eaton Ave.

Did a little aerial survey of the Ontario Line progress this morning.

Here's the full 4K video:

And here are some stills. Starting up by Leaside Bridge, where the new bridge will cross to the right of this one:
View attachment 543521
Great stuff. You should post all this in the Relief Line Facebook Group. (look in my sigy)

And now an update on Crossing #2: As we enter a moonscape with a mid groaning interlude of Pink Floyd's Echoes as background music, to what was a once manicured park interceded with outlying bushes. It's now horrifyingly stark and a bit shocking...
I ran through TE Seaton Park on my way home from work last night. The cuts are shocking!

Some different views:
1000014409.jpg
1000014408.jpg

This was a 40 year old pine

Back