Here are the info boards with new information from the open house today.

Z8P_3981.jpg
Z8P_3983.jpg
Z8P_3986.jpg
Z8P_3987.jpg
Z8P_3990.jpg
Z8P_3992.jpg
Z8P_3993.jpg
Z8P_3995.jpg
Z8P_3998.jpg
Z8P_3999.jpg
Z8P_4001.jpg

Exhibition Station and 2 - 20 Atlantic Ontario Line Support Area. The site was very active, with a number of construction workers present in each area.

View attachment 546497

View attachment 546499
View attachment 546500

View attachment 546501

View attachment 546496

View attachment 546498
Despite being in Hamilton I'm super excited for this project. I regular Exhibition typically a few times a year for events, concerts, soccer games etc. The old station is so cramped and anxiety inducing, so I'm very excited for a larger station and increased capacity here.

Can someone explain if the new station will be built around the temporary bridge or will it be in further east/west of it and the bridge will end up being demolished entirely?

Can someone explain if the new station will be built around the temporary bridge or will it be in further east/west of it and the bridge will end up being demolished entirely?
I think the bridge is entirely temporary. The plans revealed so far indicate the station will have a kind of passenger concourse located above the tracks. I don't see how they would incorporate this bridge into that structure.

Lots of info on timelines and where the station will sit is in my post with the slides from the latest open house.
TLDR - The bridge that's up now will be coming down in 2026 or 2027 and the station will more/less be where the existing one sits. The temporary bridge will come down before the canopy over the station is built.

The station concourse building will be centred between Jefferson and Atlantic. However the concourse will not be at the centre of platforms, those will extend a bit further to the east than west.

The new overpass is a bit to the east of the new construction, it should be uninterrupted during construction and only demolished once the station is open (possibly/likely sooner than Ontario Line is open).

Back