For those who are interested, there is an application in the AIC for this site now.

However, it's only for the preliminary works, to the existing station, to set up for the larger project.

I found it insufficiently interesting to make me concentrate on it at 4am. But others may wish to fetch the material.

1676470588941.png

there's really only 2 noteworthy things in there:
the underpinning of line 2 being super close unlike what the plan is for osgoode/yonge
This seems to be just a moving of a vent shaft of an area owned by the ttc so they need a site plan for it
1676472445362.png

1676472470322.png

The Pape Station was "modernized" and completed back in 2013.

The renovations include adding a second entrance to the platform level, installation of elevators and public art, platform wall renovations, upgraded lights, and improved ventilation and fire safety systems.

The project was scheduled to begin in 2008, but due to delays, the contractor did not mobilize on the site until September 28, 2009.

Construction lasted until 2013. In the spring of that year it was estimated that the renovations would be complete by December. In April, the TTC announced an opinion survey which gave riders three options, continue with the current schedule, speed up renovations by three months by closing the station over six consecutive weekends, or speed up renovations by closing the station for 12 consecutive days. The results were that out of 2,842 respondents, most preferred the third option. The TTC announced that the closure would happen between August 19–30. The closure was originally scheduled for June 15–26, but a strike by the Terrazzo, Tile and Marble Guild of Ontario made it necessary to postpone the closure until the labour dispute was resolved.

The elevators came into operation on October 31, 2013 making the station fully accessible, and on December 23, 2013, the new second exit building opened.

So it's ten years later and construction returns.

The Home Hardware store to close by August 28, 2023:

thats interesting, they dont even have the northern bidders yet for another 2 years. Granted that 2 years is based on a completed development phase which gets signed in march of next year.
actually just realized that they are in fact underpinning line 2...hmmm
  • Three kilometres of twin tunnels underneath Pape Avenue between the Gerrard portal and the Don Valley bridge
  • Underpinning of the existing TTC Pape Station on Line 2.
  • Two underground stations (Pape and Cosburn) and two portals
  • Three emergency exit buildings/emergency services buildings
  • A rail switch/crossover in the section of tunnel near Sammon Avenue
  • Interface with Line 2 TTC subway

I see "existing washrooms" mentioned on the blueprints, but I've never seen these open to the public. Does anyone know if this station will have public washrooms once it's finished? It really irks me that there aren't public washrooms at all stations now, but especially if we're re-doing a station.

Every station has back of house washrooms for employees. The doors are marked with pink/blue circles near the top.

Now that we have timed fares I think it's less important to have washrooms at every station. With very few exceptions (Castle Frank?) you can just leave the station and use a public washrooms outside the station if you have to

I see "existing washrooms" mentioned on the blueprints, but I've never seen these open to the public. Does anyone know if this station will have public washrooms once it's finished? It really irks me that there aren't public washrooms at all stations now, but especially if we're re-doing a station.

Yes, Pape Station will have public washrooms, when the O/L is finished. So will Osgoode.

Back