View attachment 515791
It seems like a no brainer to locate density on on top of a subway station in the downtown core (the entire Yonge line south of Rosedale station, for example). Is it clear why these two sites aren't being developed with higher-density buildings on top?

View attachment 515791
It seems like a no brainer to locate density on on top of a subway station in the downtown core (the entire Yonge line south of Rosedale station, for example). Is it clear why these two sites aren't being developed with higher-density buildings on top?
Who says they won't be? There's clearly a caption saying "Transit-Oriented Community proposals not shown" on your linked image.

Also, there's a UT article I found linked from the Project page that indicates an MZO was issued for this site (along with several of the other stations) and since they mention King-Bathurst twice I'm guessing there's a typo and 217 residential units are planned for the two sites at Queen-Spadina station.

View attachment 515791
Odd assumption, you need only type “Queen Spadina TOC” into google and you’ll see this is in the works by IO.

Reactions: max
The south-west corner buildings are completely gone, and the site has been backfilled and levelled ready for shoring. Demolition work is continuing on the north-east corner buildings.

1000003118.jpg

1000003121.jpg

1000003119.jpg

Attachments

• 20240112_155511.jpg
    20240112_155511.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 17
I'm not sure I understand why so much of the north building along Spadina was demolished.

Was it an addition and therefore not heritage? Are they rebuilding the facade like at Bathurst?

I'm not sure I understand why so much of the north building along Spadina was demolished.

Was it an addition and therefore not heritage? Are they rebuilding the facade like at Bathurst?
both stations will have the heritages retained. I think i remember a newsletter saying this. They will be taking it apart and putting it back together again afterwards

Odd assumption, you need only type “Queen Spadina TOC” into google and you’ll see this is in the works by IO.
I think it's a fair assumption to make when the rendering depicts a 1 story building. I came here to find out why it's only going to be 1 story since the Metrolinx community consultation rendering shows that. I'd wager to bet that 9 people out of 10 would assume the building shown is the building being built, at least to the most part. :)

Very happy to learn that isn't the case though!

03_future-ontario-line-station-building-at-southwest-corner-of-queen-st-w-and-spadina-ave-jpg.388143

I think it's a fair assumption to make when the rendering depicts a 1 story building. I came here to find out why it's only going to be 1 story since the Metrolinx community consultation rendering shows that. I'd wager to bet that 9 people out of 10 would assume the building shown is the building being built, at least to the most part. :)

Holy smokes, there's a name I haven't seen in awhile! How goes it, @cassius?!

03_future-ontario-line-station-building-at-southwest-corner-of-queen-st-w-and-spadina-ave-jpg.388143
Fair enough, the clue for the other one out of ten people is the subtext that says Transit-Oriented Community proposals not shown.

Perusing the station architectural documents, you'll also find this text on many of them:
1705352151653.png

Fair enough, the clue for the other one out of ten people is the subtext that says Transit-Oriented Community proposals not shown.
Ahh yes, I see that in the rendering here. It wasn't present in the render from the Metrolinx newsletter.

It's fantastic news. Well, seemingly not news - but to me it is. For the last few days I've been (erroneously) pretty annoyed/distracted by it. Yeah, some strange things keep me up at night. ;) Also, thanks for the elevation schematic!

@ProjectEnd it has been a while! Everything is good, and you? I could be wrong but I think my last forum post was probably ~10 years ago now! Long ago enough that this forum system says "There are no more items to show", other than my post above, about my profile ;)

Last edited:
Ahh yes, I see that in the rendering here. It wasn't present in the render from the Metrolinx newsletter.

It's fantastic news. Well, seemingly not news - but to me it is. For the last few days I've been (erroneously) pretty annoyed/distracted by it. Yeah, some strange things keep me up at night. ;) Also, thanks for the elevation schematic!

@ProjectEnd it has been a while! Everything is good, and you? I could be wrong but I think my last forum post was probably ~10 years ago now! Long ago enough that this forum system says "There are no more items to show", other than my post above, about my profile ;)
A bit older, a bit more jaded, but still here. You should come back more often, it'd be like the good old days! Going back to the first pages in any classic thread is a hell of a throwback for old names...

Back