do people not understand how graffiti works? do people not understand how construction contracts work? The contractor isnt going to allow garbage to pile up there.
Its probably in the construction contracts to keep construction areas "graffiti, garbage free" and keep damage to infrastructure in well maintained state
Thats litterally what this is

Chill out people why is everything gotta be a conspiracy.

Sure, sure, whatever...

....that said, it is interesting how our premiere took the photo op with a one Jordan Peterson in the promotion of "free speech" a while back before the professor-that-was went off even on a deeper end. So it is pretty obvious from this and other things that's only limited to what Doug agrees with. That's not unreasonable conclusion or observation...it is a demonstration of how this government works. So not looking at any smoke on the grassy knoll here...rather just presenting the facts also./shrug

BTW, does anyone else note that those "tags" where all written in chalk?

Sure, sure, whatever...

....that said, it is interesting how our premiere took the photo op with a one Jordan Peterson in the promotion of "free speech" a while back before the professor-that-was went off even on a deeper end. So it is pretty obvious from this and other things that's only limited to what Doug agrees with. That's not unreasonable conclusion or observation...it is a demonstration of how this government works. So not looking at any smoke on the grassy knoll here...rather just presenting the facts also./shrug

BTW, does anyone else note that those "tags" where all written in chalk?
Dough Ford does approve of certain types of vandalism, such as proposing the construction of a freeway on environmentally sensitive land and making deals with housing developers to pave over parts of the Greenbelt.

Dough Ford does approve of certain types of vandalism, such as proposing the construction of a freeway on environmentally sensitive land and making deals with housing developers to pave over parts of the Greenbelt.
It's all semantics though...

...to be fair, I was going to come back and nuke my original post of contention regarding this...as it likely wasn't the best place to say this, as the nuance of the point can gets lost on those more interested in looking for that armchair lawyered "Ah-ha!" moment. Unfortunately, it was replied to of sorts...and it would be bad form of me to yank it. So I had roll with it, with one detractor giving me a free /upvote point in laughing at it. Something about annoying all the right people...

...but I digress, and getting back to my point. When our premier preaches absolutism in free speech (something I personally don't agree with), he is setting the precedent and example of how speech is going to work in this province. Then one of his pet projects decides to wash away chalk based "graffiti" that's giving the public useful information and awareness, it sets a double standard regardless whether entities involved have a legal right to wash it away or not. It's the principle of the thing that's really important here.

Anyroads, I think I've rambled on enough about this. Consider my protest noted. <3

The Ford government has submitted a motion to have a court challenge to its Ontario Place redevelopment plans thrown out.

Government lawyers filed a motion to quash an effort by the advocacy group Ontario Place for All to force the province into an environmental assessment of its plans to build on the waterfront site.

As part of its plans to redevelop Ontario Place, the province has signed a 95-year lease with Austrian spa giant Therme. The plan has raised claims the government is privatizing public land from some advocacy groups and political opponents.

In an attempt to slow down or stop the plan, Ontario Place for All asked an Ontario judge to review the province's decision not to complete a detailed review of how its spa plan could impact local ecosystems.

Ford government lawyers are now arguing that the judicial review should be thrown out.

The province's motion relies on its recently passed Rebuilding Ontario Place Act, which handed the government new powers over the land and exempted it from various studies.

Government lawyers argued "it is plain and obvious" that Ontario Place is now exempted from environmental assessment requirements "even if the pleaded allegations are taken as true" since the new law came into effect.

"The Application is moot, as there is no longer a live controversy between the parties given that the dispute has been overtaken by events following the commencement of the litigation," the motion argues.

The Ontario NDP said the new law and legal filings show the province will "stop at nothing" to build a spa at Ontario Place.

"The Conservatives rewrote the laws and stripped Ontarians of the right to hold the government accountable for this project,” Chris Glover, MPP for Spadina-Fort York, said.

The government has been working hard to improve perceptions of its plans for Ontario Place.

During the first half of 2023, the government budgeted more than $2 million to "raise awareness" of its vision for Ontario Place “in response to some early negative sentiment toward limited aspects of the plan.”

The government has repeatedly defended its plans for Ontario Place, saying the attraction has effectively been abandoned for years.

"We are breathing new life into Ontario Place, creating an iconic tourist destination that will unite friends and families in Ontario and draw visitors from across the globe for generations to come," Infrastructure Minister Kinga Surma previously said.

A spokesperson for Ontario Place for All said the group was "disappointed that government is steamrolling Ontarians’ rights" with the legislation.

"We are simply asking the government to follow its own laws and conduct an Environmental Assessment of West Island," they said.

The auditor general is in the midst of a review of the Ontario Place redevelopment.

See: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/poli...6efed7804d52eefed7e&ocid=winp2fptaskbar&ei=11

1706481231284.png

via

SUUUREEE theyre "HIDING" plans for the east island....surreee
definitely not just ragebait.

"theyre paving over a lake" LOL definition of ragebait

didnt want to spend the 2 minutes to look at the public plans released by infrastructure ontario's engagement process did you?

I do love how old their photos are. It still includes the old rope course/junglegym company that dropped out. it doesnt even have the ontario place buildings on the parking lots

1710945090572.png

1710944574473.png

SUUUREEE theyre "HIDING" plans for the east island....surreee
definitely not just ragebait.

"theyre paving over a lake" LOL definition of ragebait

didnt want to spend the 2 minutes to look at the public plans released by infrastructure ontario's engagement process did you?

I do love how old their photos are. It still includes the old rope course/junglegym company that dropped out. it doesnt even have the ontario place buildings on the parking lots

View attachment 549728

View attachment 549727

Your posts on this thread have always been deeply problematic and this one is no exception.

The render above does not align with what a phase 2 would look like.

Putting text on the page, while having the page show something that is different from the text is a deceptive tactic.

The phase 2 plan would include filling in the entire Cove area, which by definition would make the current beach there go away.

The government continues to be anything but transparent here.

That article is not very flattering to your position though. Maybe you should source something else, lol...

Your posts on this thread have always been deeply problematic and this one is no exception.

The render above does not align with what a phase 2 would look like.

Putting text on the page, while having the page show something that is different from the text is a deceptive tactic.

The phase 2 plan would include filling in the entire Cove area, which by definition would make the current beach there go away.

The government continues to be anything but transparent here.

oh wait i just saw the underline, this is even worse LOL
""A September 2020 illustration appears to show part of Lake Ontario paved over""

HAHAHA cmon people really? Do you actually think this is the real plan? its just ragebait

ragebait: A post on social media by a news organisation designed expressly to outrage as many people as possible in order to generate interaction.
1710951427574.png

heres a hint, look at the budweiser stage. why does that look so weird? Probably because that has never been the design ever

1710953564088.png

So youre telling me, all of this, the budweiser stage, the expensive public consultations were all just a ruse to get the cove paved over for AND to change the budweiser stage to be a different design?

To say this is the actual plan, which is what youre saying right? you have to say they lied to:
- the city of toronto
- consultants
- internal conservative party members
- infrastructure ontario

ALL just a ruse to be able to pave over the cove

AHEM...

conspiracy: the activity of secretly planning with other people to do something bad or illegal:

To assume this is the exact plan and design for the east island is to ignore everything the government has said, everything they have done and everything they will do
The press release is designed to generate fake ragebait outrage. Straight up.

This is the one and only possible design for the future of the east island. Well not fully complete plan but it can change a little

1710952531591.png

1710952595039.png

1710952843616.png

Attachments

• 1710953550105.png
    1710953550105.png
    889.2 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: DSC

Back