I dont know about a mid-rise, it sure wont be any shorter than was proposed for there before (27 floors), for that area GG will try for 40 floors and get 32-35 storeys.

^I guess all our towers spoil me and I consider the current proposal to be a midrise. Either way it doesn't matter highrise or midrise; this will help improve the area so much!

I've beem bitching about that ugly strip mall for so long. It's about time that thing came down. I will be so happy to see it go. It seems like Dundas east is the last major street to see development but once it starts, I hope it just explodes all over Dundas.

Dundas & Church street has a huge parking lot just begging for something big and tall, with serious retail. (I hope)

Pace Condos (Dundas East & Jarvis, Great Gulf Homes)

From Urbanation:

Check back at http://pacecondos.com for more info on Pace Condos by Great Gulf Homes coming to the SW corner of Jarvis St & Dundas St East.

ScreenShot080.jpg

ScreenShot081.jpg

Last edited:
They can place that building anywhere they want - there's nothing redeeming on any corner of that intersection.

This is one awful stretch. Only two blocks to crack central at Sherbourne and Dundas. Whatever final design is elected better be good, or this has the potential to be another Moss Park/Kormann House non-starter. Given the proximity of Ryerson (really, who else would want to live there but Rye students?) I'm thinking it can't be too high end to be successful and will end up being another student rental-heavy investment condo ("not that there's anything wrong with that" - ?)

I suppose this is the site, from today's toronto planning applications site:

155 DUNDAS ST E
OPA / Rezoning 11 144529 STE 27 OZ Ward 27
- Tor & E.York Mar 14, 2011 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Standard rezoning application for construction of new mixed use building with retail at grade - 417 residential units - 5 levels below grade parking - 142 parking spaces - 213 bicycle parking spaces - 46 storey building including 10 storey podium.

They will get the city to give them some road space. Could be one of those condo's with limited parking.

I actually didn't mind the render of the original; certainly I won't champion it as good architecture but I was happy that it wasn't a green glass, precast and gray paneled point tower. It will be interesting see the design for this new proposal.

Back