lol, wish I could, but the camera's not that good. I just cropped a normal sized photo to make it look like a pano :p

The views from this building just spectacular, the skyline looks freak'in massive.

Anyhow here's another photo of the building in question. Liking the color here;

6306292078_469e90b1aa_b.jpg

Some shots of the Aquatic Centre:

008-S.jpg

018-S.jpg

and The Christian Resource Centre going up on Oak Street.

003-S.jpg

001-S.jpg

From my POV today -

Both east and west of the Paintbox/arts centre complex, they are digging huge holes. Are these both going to be condos? Does anybody know what is going in these spaces? I really hope they continue to line Dundas with retail in all the new complexes. (or cultural/community uses)

Last edited:
Both east and west of the Paintbox/arts centre complex, they are digging huge holes. Are these both going to be condos? Does anybody know what going in these spaces? I really hope they continue to line Dundas with retail in all the new complexes. (or cultural/community uses)

Torontovibe, I was told by a realtor that the property just east of Paintbox will be a condo, no name yet but not sure about the property west of Paintbox.

Torontovibe, I was told by a realtor that the property just east of Paintbox will be a condo, no name yet but not sure about the property west of Paintbox.

I was just searching around and I learned that a TCHC building will be built on the east side of Paintbox. I also saw a plan for the new community centre (the old one will be torn down) and it looks pretty good. It's a fairly large complex with a lot of amenities.

Vibe, we covered a number of your questions in a recent tour of Paintbox and the Arts and Cultural Centre for a front page story.

It's not a TCHC building being built on the east side of Paintbox: that's going in on the west side. The pit on the east side is for the next condo complex at Regent Park, a two-tower 700-unit project designed by Hariri Pontarini. No name or renderings yet.

Somebody should write an ode to the antenna atop Commerce Court West, tripod base and all. (One of the most underrated visual elements within the Toronto cityscape)

from today
20111203050.jpg

I always forget that yellowish building with the red roof is there. It's not easily visible from Dundas or Gerrard. I can't think of any other building in the city that looks like it.

Back