I think it's pretty safe. There will be more buyers who like having a bar close-by than those who don't. We learned that during prohibition, and sustained alcohol consumption for centuries. The benefits outweigh the negatives, imo.

Why live downtown is you aren't interested in having amenities as close as possible?

If you want to have to hop in your car to get somewhere, I have some farm land to sell you.

I moved from Cityplace to Paintbox last month and they have live music in the Paintbox Bistro - I'm sitting here with the balcony door open and I can't hear it despite the bistro having their patio doors open

Watching Three's Company of yore, I always thought it would be great to have a neighbourhood tavern just downstairs from where you live.

It would be awesome to recreate a kitchy retro hangout like the Regal Beagle!

I'm assuming you're not a CP resident. If so, you would know that this may be true for a some of its residents, not the majority. Even if they are club-goers, hoppers or whatever, it doesn't mean you want one right at your doorstep. I currently live in Markham, and I enjoy the social life of Hwy 7/Beaver Creek. But it doesn't mean I have to live in the area. My house is a mere 5 min drive away.

I don't, although I know and have met numerous people at CP, but there are thousands I don't know as well so I can only generalize so much. I like the Korean BBQ place at EBC, but other than that it's just the same old chains you can find everywhere else in Ontario. If you live in Markham you're much better off heading to Main Street Unionville or Markham Main.

For the last time, I am not opposing restaurants/bars/retail at CP. The more the better. I wish we could boast our own Restaurant Row. The point I have been trying to make is that because of large patio at the said location, it is best to set some rules such as noise level so that it will be an attractive place for everyone to enjoy. This is a residental community and there are people living above and around. Fox and Fiddle appears to be doing a decent job in containing the noise level (although I did hear about a complaint last year).

I really hope a fine restaurant will eventually be opened there. There is also an identical space opposite from it with an identical patio area as well. I hope that would be another restaurant so we could have our Restaurant Corner.

Watching Three's Company of yore, I always thought it would be great to have a neighbourhood tavern just downstairs from where you live.

It would be awesome to recreate a kitchy retro hangout like the Regal Beagle!

The actual Regal Beagle on Bloor at St. George isn't too far off.

I had heard whispers of a high-end pizza restaurant opening in one of the retail spaces

April 29
8699780683_5ee5dcb2ed_b.jpg

8700903762_12ba7b89f7_b.jpg

8699795227_fd4cdda0c1_b.jpg

8699796025_ee8b0b6857_b.jpg

8700920836_3ebb130498_b.jpg

8700923754_b46bf0c438_b.jpg

8699801675_0b54716727_b.jpg

Back