the park is slated to open in Sept. It's only July. However it might be delayed due to the strike maybe. The park might be dirtied if no one picks up garbage.

July 9

3705500241_97f2661f95_b.jpg

It's good to see different colour spandrels being used on Parade than the rest of the CityPlace buildings on the west side of Spadina. The glass is the same colour, but it's a bit of relief. Also, as others have stated, brick would have been better than the precast, but I don't mind it here. The colour isn't great, but I like how it's a different colour than Luna's light beige (?) and Neo's red.

West One and N1 look great in this shot (and the others by wylie) with the random patterns of open and closed blinds. When people start replacing them with different colours (if allowed) it won't look as good.

July 20th Update

From the Bathurst Street bridge. Ugh, what a mess this whole CityPlace project is. Hopefully a green park (CityPlace Park) will add some life and colour to this area

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Why do you think it's a mess? I think it looks fine. Also, it's not done. Thanks for the pics.

Why do you think it's a mess? I think it looks fine. Also, it's not done. Thanks for the pics.

Being incomplete is part of it, the buildings are the other part. The three buildings on the west side are OK, certainly better than their earlier efforts. Time will tell how Parade turns out.

From the Bathurst Street bridge. Ugh, what a mess this whole CityPlace project is. Hopefully a green park (CityPlace Park) will add some life and colour to this area.

We're also seeing the worst side of CityPlace here - but this is the view I see daily from my condo. When you're standing at Spadina and Bremner the development is quite lovely in my opinion. It also looks really impressive from the waterfront. I think when the developments are completed to the west we'll have a stronger presence, but no matter what the northern part along the rail corridor will be its worst side.

In terms of what is complete, this is definitely the better side! These buildings are just average but I'll give them points for their roof components, even though they only face one way. I'll give them some credit for Panarama too although it should have been taller, at least it's interesting to look at and has a good podium. We'll see how Parade turns out.
I really wish someone at Concord would read their threads here, take some notes and up the ante on their upcoming buildings to make up for what they've left behind.

August 2 2009 update

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

August 2, Northern Linear Park, Spadina Pedestrian Underpass

This seems to be the de facto place for the Northern Linear Park, so here are some pictures of the Spadina Pedestrian Underpass from August 2:

In the Chinese Railworkers Memorial parkette looking west towards the east entrance:

The east entrace, still fenced off. The blue lights are now fully installed and lit:

The west entrance:

The west entrance:

The west entrance. I sure hope they paint the upper part of the wall!

One of the funky blue light fixtures up close:

The disgusting roof. Yuck! I hope they reclad it before opening:

That curb that sticks out into the walkway on the east side needs to be pushed back and aligned with the rest of the path.

Back