here's what the proposed variance would look like...

Thanks for posting that. It confirms the awkwardness for me.
It's not the removed symmetry makes it look heavy handed, it's the lack of a balanced design. Even with the eastern half past being re-designed, surely there must be a more creative way to add on to this project that just plopping on a few more stories. This stinks of concord out to make a few more bucks without concern for Architecture--which I don't think anyone would be surprised by. I would be in confused wonder if KPF has had any design input since the height increase.

The "balanced design" was gone when the building was first designed with a square tower and a cylindrical tower. Besides, look at all the other CityPlace phases with multiple towers, all of them having varying heights.

When it first arrived though, it was slightly unbalanced. But the asymmetrical height is pushing it.

I wonder why they wouldn't have just evenly distributed the height increase between the two towers. Perhaps they like the imbalanced look.

Dec 12 Visit

You can see where the bridge is to go now.
IMG_dec-12-09-0148.jpg

IMG_dec-12-09-0156.jpg

IMG_dec-12-09-0157.jpg

IMG_dec-12-09-0169.jpg

IMG_dec-12-09-0170.jpg

Great updates today, drum, thank you SIR! :)

There, now we have visual proof the bridge is happening. Great! Thanks for posting that.

it looks like the pit is dug and ready to go... no foundation other than the wall of the parking garage under phase 1. (my apologies if thats what you meant)

So 127.4 metres and 46 floors than? I will add it too the list.

well technically it is only a 44 storeys tower, just that in this case the mechanical penthouse on top is quite tall (equalvalent of 2 storeys) ... but for record keeping purposes do we typically only keep track of habitable floors (44) ??

There, now we have visual proof the bridge is happening. Great! Thanks for posting that.

We actually have visual proof that they can add a bridge; next we need the 'other end' built and then we need the actual bridge. It's certainly a good start but we are not there yet and 'the cheapening' can still take over!

Back