I thought the CityPlace towers were supposed to taper as they moved west. This would ruin that effect. Not that I care, I just thought that's what they were going for.

Greed ruins architecture... :( More phases when they still have other projects like Signature left to market... ugh.

Oh well... it's not a dramatic height change so it should still look right. I feel like we're building a Russian constructivist project right in CityPlace :D

....maybe they've canned the sky-bridge and have offered purchasers a place to crash in the penthouse levels of the proposed new storeys of the west tower...

(rubs hands together in Glee at the thought of future posts in this thread)

Parade

....maybe they've canned the sky-bridge and have offered purchasers a place to crash in the penthouse levels of the proposed new storeys of the west tower...

That sound exactly what Concord does, plans never match what is built.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice that you've made your mind up without even seeing renders of the proposed changes. We are talking about Kohn Pedersen Fox here by the way, one of the world's most successful architectural firms.

In regards to the bridge, there is no indication that it is gone from the plans. In fact, if one looks at Parade from the south now, one sees lots of extra concrete where the bridge will attach.

Apropos of nothing (or perhaps nothing could be more apropos)... the topic of bridges between buildings often fuels enlightened intercourse between architects and designers (apologies if you find the pic below a teenie bit of a shocker).

spain2007_004.jpg

Last edited:
Nice that you've made your mind up without even seeing renders of the proposed changes. We are talking about Kohn Pedersen Fox here by the way, one of the world's most successful architectural firms.

In regards to the bridge, there is no indication that it is gone from the plans. In fact, if one looks at Parade from the south now, one sees lots of extra concrete where the bridge will attach.

Driving by the site everyday, you can clearly see where the bridge will connect to the tower. It spans two floors and it is very obvious. Too late to turn back now.

Wow they've gone back for even more height but this time only on the west side (never mind symmetry ... what about the cone??)

44 and 22 storeys

http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/cofa_tey_agenda_9dec09.pdf

I have been in contact with City Planning (Christopher May @ 416.392.7334) on the above noted Minor Variance application and was advised of the following:

Block 26W = Parade 1 / east block
Block 29 = Parade 2 / west block

Current proposal is to only increase the height permission on the two point towers in Parade 2 / west block / Block 29

The midrise (bldg 'T', aka 'Park View Residences') is to be increased from 19 to 22 storeys, whereas the tower (bldg 'S', aka 'Grand Parade 2') is to be increased from 39 to 44 storeys

Based on the elevations I reviewed, I can confirm that the skybridge between Parade 1+2 continues to be part of the proposal, the 2 level skybridge will be built on floors 29-31 (but each skybridge level will have higher ceilings equalvant to 1-1/2 floor of typical height)

hope that puts the question of the Parade's skybridge to rest ~ :D

I suppose what has been missing is a photo of Parade that shows all the concrete where the bridge will attach: it's quite significant. I will be driving by tomorrow, but will I be doing it early enough? We'll see!

Back