^ There's Spot Coffeeon the south side of Bremner at HVE. I have a soft spot for this coffee shop chain from Western New York, since I've been to their downtown Buffalo location.

If there's a Tim Horton's at Cityplace, I'd put it in the middle of Cityplace Park and force everybody to walk to it. I'm sure Doug Coupland won't mind having a Canadian institution next to his big red canoe.

But no Mennonite Credit Union. That's it: I'm boycotting those banks!

Where are the Mennonites at Cityplace. If there's one "ethnic" bank to serve Cityplace, it would probably be an HSBC to serve the Asians living there.

Last edited:
Mennonite Savings Credit Union is a great bank!!! :) hehe. My stepdad works there and I know soo many people who use it. But then, I'm originally from Waterloo.

So that means there is at least several mennonites in downtown Toronto... or... or just me? *eek*

Mennonite Savings Credit Union is a great bank!!! :) hehe. My stepdad works there and I know soo many people who use it. But then, I'm originally from Waterloo.

So that means there is at least several mennonites in downtown Toronto... or... or just me? *eek*

lol imagine a mennonite buggy passing the slow TTC streetcars on Spadina, that'll be the day, they finally realize they need some transit priority!

I'm not old-order. Grew up with all the technology any other non-old order Mennonite does, hehe. But that would be quite a scene to behold!

I have been checking it out-- gotta set up a profile :)
It's a great site.

Isn’t so sad that the entirely block from Luna and parade do not have a single retail or restraints. I don’t why they have choose this sleepy the community. I hope one day they may have change their idea and transform the ground level into retails area

ahmedyusali ... FYI from my earlier post:

unlike LUNA, I do believe Parade East + West was planned with different intentions in mind ... that is, provisions for retail commercial spaces were incorporated along the Fort York Boulevard frontage, which enables animated street life opposite Canoe Landing Park

Third crane is up.

4452080778_a9e0212e51_b.jpg

Looking at the latest shots of Parade I noticed something surprising. They've put spandral and windows over the spot where we assumed the skybridge would be attached.

Why would that be necessary, especially since the next phase is already underway.

well it kind of makes sense, since they would need to "close off" the building before they start renovating the interiors on those floors (to control the elements I suppose)

The floors hiding behind the Concord Pacific banner remain open/unfinished... perhaps this is where the bridge will go. Mind you the model shows the bridge flush to the south elevation so maybe they've scrapped it.

Last edited:

Back