The Tact interview from a few weeks ago was very good, lots of insight, but I found myself a little frustrated to read that Jain only feels qualified at the moment to do 'fabric buildings' over 'landmarks', or something like that. It's great that he wants to earn the right to do landmark buildings - it's a humble posture - but in fact, I am impatient to see what Tact would do if if they gave themselves more leeway.

Work still ongoing with the white foam sections, which I guess are going to be stucco?
aug1920122.jpg

Work is also ongoing on the balconies. The AC stacks are being insulated and covered.
aug1920123.jpg

Excuse the crappy photo..but the halls are drywalled!
aug192012.jpg

Wow...i was really hoping for a bit of concrete somewhere in this building besides the flooring. I really hope noise won't be an issue with this place.

Since they installed the windows where the staircases are located, does that mean that they are going to be keeping wooden staircases!?

I wonder why Vandyk decided to go with shingles on the roof for Park 570, but not for Windows on the Green. I assume Windows on the Green will be fully concrete? I think the roof of Windows on the Green looks better and it will not require maintenance, unlike the shingles on this roof, which will need to be replaced eventually.

Last edited:
Yes, stairs from first floor to fourth are wood. Garage to first are concrete.

Windows on the Green has a flat roof, so they obviously wouldn't use shingles. Probably use a waterproof membrane or asphalt[tar]. This definitely requires maintenance, just like a sloped roof w/ shingles. I agree the flat roof looks better, and lasts longer...but I believe it's more expensive and more likely to leak. Depending on what shingles were used for Park 570, they should last at least 15 years.

Also Windows on the Green is wood-constructed, like Park 570.

Very ugly. Instead of vinyl siding, they should just have the stone work going up higher, more stone would make the building classier looking.

Not much to photograph - still working on the stucco. Probably won't be done until early December, although it looks like they're working 7 days a week now.

Back