News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Now that you located a closer playground, it simply reinforces my point that the experience of living in a city is not the same as visiting a city.
Did you not read what I wrote? When I first posted I used an example of parks being 1 km away as being too far away, and much further than you see in better-serviced cities like Toronto. And now you use that a park is a kilometre away as proof that there are parks nearby!?!?

I encourage you not to form uninformed opinions about other cities, which, in turn, will ensure that you don't make ludicrous statements.
I encourage you to stop trolling. You bizarre claims are clearly driven by your ignorance of this great city. I'd appreciate it if you stop pulling stuff out of your imagination.

I encourage you not to form uninformed opinions about other cities, which, in turn, will ensure that you don't make ludicrous statements.
You've already been checkmated. Game over.
I encourage you to stop trolling. You bizarre claims are clearly driven by your ignorance of this great city. I'd appreciate it if you stop pulling stuff out of your imagination.

Seriously guys, can we drop this and move on? I'm trying to ask serious questions here about Toronto Parks, I feel like this back-and-forth is dragging the thread into irrelevancy.

Seriously guys, can we drop this and move on? I'm trying to ask serious questions here about Toronto Parks, I feel like this back-and-forth is dragging the thread into irrelevancy.
Fair enough. Perhaps you can repeat your questions for those of us that have lost the signal in all the static.

Did you not read what I wrote? When I first posted I used an example of parks being 1 km away as being too far away, and much further than you see in better-serviced cities like Toronto. And now you use that a park is a kilometre away as proof that there are parks nearby!?!?

I referred to this statement of yours:

“Looking around carefully, I do NOW see a PLAYGROUND that's only 1 km away and CLOSER.”

My statement about the relative lack of quality park spaces in downtown Toronto is supported by the findings on page 1 (which reflects consultation feedback from Torontonians) as well as the chart on page 20 of this document that I posted before.

http://torontocentreplan.org/wp-cont...1wellesley.pdf

You may disagree but the relative lack of quality park spaces in downtown Toronto is a serious issue. It affects the quality of life of the people living in downtown Toronto. It’s important to ensure adequate and appropriate infrastructure in downtown Toronto as more and more people move to live here.

You may disagree but the relative lack of quality park spaces in downtown Toronto is a serious issue. It affects the quality of life of the people living in downtown Toronto. It’s important to ensure adequate and appropriate infrastructure in downtown Toronto as more and more people move to live here.

Everybody thinks more park space is always needed.

But your bogus claims and faulty analysis have been debunked, and along with your trolling and insults, takes away from any constructive discourse on the matter.

I don't disagree. I don't see how ridiculing one another is relevant. I think we can discuss the issue with a more mature tone.

P.S. still don't have any feedback regarding Donmount Park.

I don't disagree. I don't see how ridiculing one another is relevant. I think we can discuss the issue with a more mature tone.

I simply pointed out the absurd and narrow Toronto-centric viewpoints of the posters who tried to refute my statement about the relative lack of quality park spaces in downtown Toronto, which is supported by the findings on page 1 (reflecting consultation feedback from Torontonians) as well as the chart on page 20 of this document that I posted before.

http://torontocentreplan.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/july18_11wellesley.pdf

You're still ridiculing them. People get things wrong--it's not a big deal. When the debate is over, be gracious to the adversary and move on.

I simply pointed out the absurd and narrow Toronto-centric viewpoints of the posters who tried to refute my statement about the relative lack of quality park spaces in downtown Toronto, which is supported by the findings on page 1 (reflecting consultation feedback from Torontonians) as well as the chart on page 20 of this document that I posted before.

http://torontocentreplan.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/july18_11wellesley.pdf

My original reply to your statement was that simple park space per capita is not in and of itself...negative. And that of course is true.

Your triad about how much more dense downtown Vancouver and how it had many more parks is not substantiated by any evidence at all...including this "document" you're linking to.

It sounds a little mellow dramatic for a reason...as many of us already know, this "document" was Wong-Tam's desperate last-ditch attempt to convince the province to donate the land for a city park. As we all know, it didn't work, as the province was selling off surplus land to raise cash. They ended up selling the land to a condo developer for $65 million.

The good news is that the neighbourhood is going to get it's park after all after negotiating with the developer for the majority of the site (1.6 acres) after approving a 60 story condo tower (already sold out I believe).

This is the the neighbourhood outlined in the map with the red arrow where the park will be located (and as you can see, not near as dense as Vancouver :p ). Just out of the picture one block to the right, is Queen's Park, but for purposes of the "document", it's best to pretend it isn't there.

new park.jpg

Attachments

• new park.jpg
    new park.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 336
I referred to this statement of yours:
If you love frigging Vancouver so much, why not there and hang around urbanvancouver.ca - everyone else here thinks your completely wrong about this, and despite the fact your nose has been rubbed in your errors, you won't accept that your wrong. I'm not actually reading your bizarre trolling ...

Back