It's about bloody time
It's a perfect example of what happened in the big downturn of 2008. Sales for both of these buildings opened simultaneously in June 2008. These are not small buildings, but the demand was there. They sold very quickly for the first couple of months, then the crash hit and sales nearly stopped. In fairness, that happened to many other projects as well.

It's a perfect example of what happened in the big downturn of 2008. Sales for both of these buildings opened simultaneously in June 2008. These are not small buildings, but the demand was there. They sold very quickly for the first couple of months, then the crash hit and sales nearly stopped. In fairness, that happened to many other projects as well.

Good point, some of the smaller projects still went ahead because they had far less units to sell. Large projects that may have still had huge sales figures initially still lacked the necessary ratios to secure financing because of the large number of total units.

That being said this particular project sold out and the building still failed to secure financing... When they seem delayed again I speculated that they needed to be closer to completion on "Elle" and also start seeing some cash flow from people closing deals and moving in before they started this project. The financial investment world is a different place now in so many ways and for some many different industries.

A lot more heavy machinery is now onsite and today I saw them connecting a large bucket(?)digger(?) to one of the machines. I think excavation will be starting any day now.

great to hear ... I looking forward to seeing this Amacon project materialize, it should turn out pretty slick (unlike the Daniels projects)

This is another one that is going full steam ahead...from the the 7th but new ones are forthcoming...
20100707a027.jpg

20100707a030.jpg

20100707a031.jpg

20100707a033.jpg

Great set Jasonzed - best possible comparisons without a helicopter!

Great set Jasonzed - best possible comparisons without a helicopter!

Early last year while on my rounds I met a hobbiest taking pictures of MCC with a helicopter he made over a course of two years; he sent me this picture. I should track him down and get him to take a picture every year around the same time...a lot has changed since this picture was taken but it will cost me this time around.

From March 1st of 2009:
mississauga919.jpg

AeriallookingeastusingHelicam.jpg

Last edited:

Back